Failed my driving test :(

I never took a driving test. All we had to do was have a certain amount of hours driving with an instructor, a certain amount of hours observing, and pass a written test. That's it. Easy as hell. I can't even imagine how stressful it must be to have an actual driving test.

Wow dude you got it easy. I passed my driving test first time but I was really worried. I think it depends on how good your instructor is and how nice your tester is. My instructor was pretty weird lol, I thought we would start out on back streets and such but very first lesson we went onto a highway which turned out to be a good idea :D

• 5 months later...
I passed my G1 exit test this morning for the second time.

I originally passed it in 2000 but I never bothered taking the G2 exit test (I moved to a different city and was busy with other things), which caused my license to expire in 2005.

I took the G1 written test again last week, and the road test was this morning (you don't have to wait 8 months if you were licensed 3 years ago or less).

The G1 road test in Ontario is quite easy. Back out of your parking spot, parallel park, 3-point turn, make a few left and right turns... that's pretty much it.

MY liscence is going to expire june 20th and i really need to pass my test tomorrow or i will probaly not get it. So if it is true what you are saying if i rewrite and i will not have to wait the full year again if that is true it will relieve all this stress is this in ontario

• 3 weeks later...

ta-da! old thread.

Well, on-topic pre-closure, the UK test is supposed to be much harder than other countries like the US. Though apparently the German test is even harder than ours (but you get to drive on ze autobahns, so gut!).

I, probably through more luck than judgement, passed my UK test with no minors and (obviously) no majors. :)

My driving test was a joke (USA). All I had to do was stop, take a right, turn left into a neighborhood, do a 3-point turn, and go back. Took less than 5 minutes for me. I was laughing my ass off when the other lady in the car failed, she hit the curb on the 3 point turn. She failed among many other people who had to do the exact same test.

• 4 years later...

Toronto,Canada

I think Port Union deserves a lot of credit as I passed my G2 there yesterday after two miserable fails at Metro East. The examiner was an elderly white lady whom I'll never forget as she was extremely amiable & put me at ease. The test itself was uneventful, my only problem being too slow for the conditions (50 instead of 60kph etc), she even took the time to chat with me after the test. I suggest if you're confident of your skills & experience, just be calm & relaxed during the test (don't smoke) & smile/be polite to the examiner regardless of how he/she behaves.

Now coming to Metro East, In a word HORRIBLE!. I was failed twice :-

-In the first because I waited too long (1 second!) to make a right turn on a green light exiting the center while a TTC bus was waiting to turn left from the opposite & again making a left turn on green when a minivan was oncoming even though there was sufficient gap for me to make the move safely (examiner pushed brake,so instant fail) Also when entering the ME center after the test one has to turn left through a gap in the island to go into the rear parking lot, there's a stop sign for vehicles exiting the parking lot but not for you, so I had the right of way. Some ********er exiting didn't stop for the sign & I had to brake,the examiner marked me down for this despite knowing about the stop & me mentioning this. This examiner also said I was doing 40(!) on Lawrence Ave where it's 60 & I recalled looking at the speedo during that time which showed 60 (blatant lies?) This examiner was an obese white lady, she was rude & treated me like I was sub-human.

-The second time it was because I waited too long to let pedestrians cross while making a right turn from a one way stop sign. The incident was,I was about to move my car after yielding to a car entering the road I'm exiting from the right when I saw two ladies with a baby trolley approaching 3 meters from the pavement so I waited for them to cross thinking that if I moved the car he would've asked me why I didn't yield to the pedestrians,instead he asked me why I'm talking so long (he was looking at his clipboard at that time) Then I was asked to change lanes to turn left at the intersection leading into the ME center towards the end of the test,the traffic was heavy in the left lane & the instruction was given late with the intersection quite near,so if I didn't change lane on time I risked not being able to turn left at the intersection & having to go straight. So after mirror,BS & signal,I started to make the move as there was sufficient gap to a Civic behind me,after the manoeuvere this guy teels me I cut off the Civic(!),there was no horn. This examiner was a white male with glasses who had a distinct french accent.

I have had 15 years of driving experince on Indian roads with manual transmission & had already driven in Toronto with an International permit for a week with no hasseles despite just reading some basic Canadian rules. I know this is going to mark me down but I believe being a new immigrant & Muslim I may have been the victim of discrimination at Metro East. It is common knowledge that French Canadians are anti-immigration & the general attitude towards Muslims in North America is well know (ME is one of the centers provinding French speaking services) My advice to anyone reading this is if you're colored/Muslim/new immigrant DO NOT go to Metro East for any purpose unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Also would like to mention, I used a 2005 Corolla for ME tests which was a total piece of junk & an Acura EL for the PU test which was luxurious & comfy but bigger.

The common issue here seems to be nervousness. Its a driving test, just drive like you do any other time except having someone tell you when to turn.

Work paid for my lessons and test, started driving on a Monday, drove for 9 hours a day and then took my test on Friday. There's no point telling people not to be nervous, its a big deal, they're going to be nervous.

My advice, if you're unsure what to do when approach a situation, air on the side of caution. You get minors for being too careful or slow, if you go in too fast or dangerous, kiss the test goodbye.