Completed Visual Styles

Ok im starting to get Ticked off. have any of you tried to sort out one version from another in here and the diferent creators of the themes, its messes, and on top of that these themes are not complete.. so lets start this if you have a theme post it in here like this

Name : Theme name here

Version: Version of theme here

Description: Description here

Screenshot: Screenshot of theme here

Download: Download link here

Comments: any other comments you might have like when you updated the skin, and stuff like that,

btw if you edit your skin, instead of posting a new post just edit the current one its much easier, then we dont have to sort out all the diferet versions of the theme in the posts, i think this will work out good.

Originally posted by grrinder

You should not post this here, it's for completed visual styles not your complaints.

Yes, but over half of the posts in here aren't about completed visual styles.

Originally posted by neodescis

Yes, but over half of the posts in here aren't about completed visual styles.

I know, thats why it's a total mess. By the way I really enjoy using your pre luna it's my favorite style so far. Keep up the good work. And I think it is totally unfair the way stardock is Hassling you over it.

Grinnder, you really need to learn to seperate users from Stardock. Are you TGTSoft? No. People who use WindowBlinds are not "Stardock".

As Neo could attest, Stardock hasn't hassled him in the least. Am I in favor of Alexandrie's unauthorized port being removed, yes. Would I be in favor of removing an unauthorized port of say Webscape from msstyles to WB? Yes.

But my only conversations with Neo have been pleasant as hopefully he can attest to.

I realize you're really young but life isn't a simple matter of "us and them". The same people who you feel are "hassling" Neo would be hassling me just as much if I ported someone else's skin without permission. This fixation you have with Stardock can't be healthy. Did you not create a post just today in which you tried to wrongly imply that I thought of Neowin as a warez site? Does this look like a warez site? No. Would I hang out at 1am on a Tuesday on a warez site? No. Move on. Create some skins for msstyles or whatever you want. Seems like half the posts you make these days are "Stardock bashing" ones.

It's just software dude.

Hi Frogboy, the statement you made in your post on the Wincustomize message board was very upsetting to me. You said:

"Taking the Stardock hat off here (for anyone who thought it was on in the first place in this post), frankly this Style XP thing has been directed primarily towards warez people in the first place. The places where there are lots of warez people are the places it's doing the best.?

Clearly, Styles XP is doing very well here at Neowin. If you don?t want people to know what you really think, Maybe you should not make inflammatory statements like that in a public forum.

In addition, maybe ?Stardock? has not hassled neodescis but his PreLuna is a beautiful visual style that I?m sure he worked very hard to produce. Even though it shares the same name as a certain WindowBlinds skin, any fool can look at the two and see that they are not the same. So I ask myself why can Alexandrie port a skin designed by a graphic artist that works for Microsoft but neodescis can?t port a skin done by graphic artist employed by stardock? I wonder if Alexandrie had to go through everything neodescis went through when she published all the rips she produced? I doubt it. Just seems a little unfair. I?m sure you will have a cute little answer explaining how wrong I am and how right you are. So good day.

Grinnder, how old are you? 15?

I was talking to Jark about your post (Jark runs DeviantART) and we both thought it pretty funny that people like you would assume that I was talking about Neowin. You either have a guilty conscience or don't get out much. But yea, I consider you a warez person.

But don't flatter yourself, I don't consider you to be part of Neowin or any other respected site. Warez people such as YOU like msstyles because you have no concept of intellectual property. Warez people like you exist everywhere but people like me, who respect the efforts of others, vastly out-number you. There are a lot more people on Neowin like me than you. And if you doubt this, ask Neobond as I'm sure he could educate you on this issue.

Alexandrie made PreLuna. It was her design, her graphics. End of story. Your argument is akin to saying that I could take Windows XP, throw on some extra stuff and sell it. No, that would still be warez. You can't use other people's stuff without their permission.

PreLuna, was, btw, an original creation. As for XP inspired skins, I won't waste my time trying to educate you on trade dress law.

Suffice to say, Neo's PreLuna skin looks good because he stole the key elements from someone else. In this case Alexandrie.

I hope you remember this because some day, when you grow up, you'll realize just how bad you're making yourself look. Anyone who thinks ripping is "okay" is little more than a warez person. Do you know why softare piracy is also wrong? Sheesh.

• 6 months later...
I was talking to Jark about your post (Jark runs DeviantART) and we both thought it pretty funny that people like you would assume that I was talking about Neowin. You either have a guilty conscience or don't get out much. But yea, I consider you a warez person. But don't flatter yourself, I don't consider you to be part of Neowin or any other respected site. Warez people such as YOU like msstyles because you have no concept of intellectual property. Warez people like you exist everywhere but people like me, who respect the efforts of others, vastly out-number you. There are a lot more people on Neowin like me than you. And if you doubt this, ask Neobond as I'm sure he could educate you on this issue.
Thanks Frogboy! Man, I don't know what I would do without guidance from "people" like you, now what do you really think?

P.S. Please Frogboy before you accuse me of criminal activity please state what facts you have to back up these allegations. If you are going to say that using the PreLuna created by neodocias makes me a "WAREZ PERSON" then you can also say the same about yourself because obviously you also downloaded and used it.

Guys.. end it.. ok? get over it.. you both are acting like 2 year olds.. :right:

Originally posted by Neobond

grrinder what the hell? it took you 7 months to answer? thats whacked out dude.

woah, yeah, wierd. Talk about a delayed reaction.

Originally posted by Neobond

grrinder what the hell? it took you 7 months to answer? thats whacked out dude.

w0w.. i just noticed that.. lol :p

yeah 7 months is a bit of a long time for him to respond...

I was going to respond to Frogboy because I dissagree with what he is saying... but it would be a pointless response.. and would probally just create a stupid flame war.... so.. forget it.

Sorry but I never saw that response from frogboy until last night. I think it was moved and I just lost track. I don?t get to spend as much time here at neowin as I'd like. I just happened to be checking all of my posts last night and saw this one. I just felt I had to respond.

Please forgive me, I have no intention of getting into another flame war with frogboy & and will not post to this thread again. I just don't like being called a criminal. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the neowin rules say anything about a time limit for responding to someone making defamatory statements about other neowin members.