[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

messhugah, you still don't have it? insane in the membrane! get this game dude it's the shiznitimajigabob.

seriously, as said just now, really addictive and "just one more race!", and before you know it the sun's coming up!

also very detailed indeed.

bangbang, that explains the better-looking replays. frankly, i'd be fine with this speed for gamplay as well, but i guess it'd be too slow for many players.

If I end up buying this game, I may take you on that offer. I drive that car in real life :D

nice ride :D

i only get to drive in my dad's 1994 Opel Vectra and although it's always nice to drive a real car, I can't wait for him to get a new car (which he will by the end of this year. ^^)

As for the Exige, I'm not sure what's so special about it. I just built a Class A Exige and the numbers aren't over whelming. 0 - 60mph in 3.7 and 0 - 100mph in 7.7. That's about average, but it only has a top speed of ~150.

As in real life, the "special" thing with the Exige is it's handling. A real Exige S has pretty similar performance to what you posted, but, will destroy many a larger, more expensive car round a track. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Laps ...

Anyways, here's my (rather obvious) attempt at a design - it's not perfect but, I have no ability at all...

General.jpg

Could someone explain the stats to me on the vehicles? I already know like hp, torque and weight. But what does the rarity do? And like top speed 5.2 and acceleration 3.9 and what not. I mean i see cars with low acceleration points that have a lot of v8 power under the hood to boot compared to lets say a inline 4.

Could someone explain the stats to me on the vehicles? I already know like hp, torque and weight. But what does the rarity do? And like top speed 5.2 and acceleration 3.9 and what not. I mean i see cars with low acceleration points that have a lot of v8 power under the hood to boot compared to lets say a inline 4.

Rarity primarily affects how many kredits you receive after each race, as they are calculated along with your score to gain extra kredits.

The speed, acceleration, handling and braking bares are all on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the quickest possible.

A car might have a big muscular V8 under the bonnet, however the handling will be on the lower part of the scale unless you make the chassis more rigid and able to cope with such an heavy engine.

Those big engines take a longer time to get moving. They'll get burned in a corner, but will destroy on a straight. Another issue is jumping off the line. The rear wheel drive beasts tend to peel out a bit because of their power. The smaller engine cars can jump off more quickly because of their weight and because they are often AWD.

good call sedriss, always look at acceleration first. go for the EVO's with the 9.1 acceleration, they'll smoke pretty much anything off the line. as the guys above said, horsepower isn't everything. choose cars with accel of at least 7.5 and a speed of at least 6.5. the higher those are the better.

is it just me again or are there no chip mods in FM2? can't find any. i want my Hypertech dammit!

good call sedriss, always look at acceleration first. go for the EVO's with the 9.1 acceleration, they'll smoke pretty much anything off the line. as the guys above said, horsepower isn't everything. choose cars with accel of at least 7.5 and a speed of at least 6.5. the higher those are the better.

is it just me again or are there no chip mods in FM2? can't find any. i want my Hypertech dammit!

Also, equally important especially on the twistier circuits such as Laguna Seca is handling and braking.

The best dosage is normally to modify your car 50% engine and 50% handling.

There's no chip modification, wasn't featured in the first one either.

well my complaint is that you got a 69 Camaro Z28 with a small block vs a 69 Charger with a 440 in it. The Charger weighs 22 pounds more, has about 100hp more and about 190 foot pounds of torque compared the Camaro and they give the Charger a 3.9 in speed compared to the Camaros 4.3? Even a 68 Shelby weighs more by their standards and has equal power than the Charger and it has a speed rating of 4.9? To me i think thats a lil off :blink:

well my complaint is that you got a 69 Camaro Z28 with a small block vs a 69 Charger with a 440 in it. The Charger weighs 22 pounds more, has about 100hp more and about 190 foot pounds of torque compared the Camaro and they give the Charger a 3.9 in speed compared to the Camaros 4.3? Even a 68 Shelby weighs more by their standards and has equal power than the Charger and it has a speed rating of 4.9? To me i think thats a lil off :blink:

Well, you're comparing the top speed there... The '69 Charger is well known for it's high top speed of 200 mph.

Meanwhile, the '69 Camaro only managed 120mph.

The acceleration figures seems accurate aswell, as the Camaro does feature 250 Newtonmeters more torque.

Those big engines take a longer time to get moving. They'll get burned in a corner, but will destroy on a straight. Another issue is jumping off the line. The rear wheel drive beasts tend to peel out a bit because of their power. The smaller engine cars can jump off more quickly because of their weight and because they are often AWD.

RWD cars should be pretty good off the line, due to weight transfer giving the rear wheels more grip. FWD cars, especially powerful ones tend to lift the front wheels under hard acceleration, reducing grip.

All to do with gearing. You can have a million bhp, but, if the vehicles only geared to do 100mph, that's all it will ever do. Get all the upgrades for the Charger and it can lap the Nissan Oval at 400kph, along with the GT40s and Speed 12's....

As for the Exige, I'm not sure what's so special about it. I just built a Class A Exige and the numbers aren't over whelming. 0 - 60mph in 3.7 and 0 - 100mph in 7.7. That's about average, but it only has a top speed of ~150.

i really dont know whats special about them. i've bought about 8 of 'em half price and sold 'em online for just 10,000CR cheaper than list price. :p

Speaking of that... people pit maneuver and everything. I got hit by all 7 other cars in a race once, and hard. Was even pushed a good 600 feet sideways by two cars, and then thrown deep into the dirt. I don't know why people have to be so aggressive in this game... all it does is a) **** me off b) make me lag out from all the action.

That's why I only play offline. Atleast on those races I am the only one doing the pit maneuver.

A Lambo for a Police car. I doubt the Italian Job oculd be repeated nowadays unless you used a TVR or Bentley Speed 8 :p

Arrgghh! I need an Xbox 360...

Sooo annoying not having one.

Still very much a work in progress, but slowly getting there - seeing as I have no artistic ability...

Looks very close to the real thing to me :) Good job

ok it's official the jaggies are making me paranoid!

hey where's the patch, for pete's sake i'll take a 20FPS hit to get some more AA, have mercy!

not me, and I probably never will.

I do want to get the level 50 achievement and all the races on gold achievement, but it won't be soon before i get those :p

i kind of like the endurance races, though I would've liked a real-time le mans 24 hours, that would be great to do with some friends over and switch every few hours.