[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

Same way as PGR3 i believe.

You use photomode and take a picture then upload to the forza website, then you login to the forza website from your PC and save the image to your computer.

Really? I didn't know you could that. That's awesome.

Can these custom cars be raced online? If so, how do people keep the races fair?

Yeah, it depends on the game settings. What I do is just search for races using whatever class my car is (right now it's C). I'm sure there's more to it, though. I remember playing the hell out of MotoGP and guys could run a stock bike against customs and still beat the crap out of us. It really comes down to ability in these games.

We should get a Neowin club going as more folks get the game. :)

I'm considering getting it. I'm just worried it'll be too sim for my liking.

If you are into those Arcade racers, i really doubt there's much for you in Forza 2 ... None of my "Arcade" Friends like Forza.

I tried the demo and it was ok, but, then again, I thought PGR3 was a weak sim until I found out it's actually classed as a arcade racer lol.

god, i love this game, it's just so much fun. By the end of the day i'll push my Silvia up to around 400HP or more. And i'm going to build up a few lower power cars so i can run some of the lower level races. I could probably sell my Silvia on the auction for a good amount of $ but i'd rather keep it as it's my baby :D

I'm considering getting it. I'm just worried it'll be too sim for my liking.

Forza will be far too "sim" for you, i bought it and tried and didn't like it because of the "simmy" side of things, too much of a pain in the Ass :( Tried to take it back but can only exchange it, rather than get my money back (Seems GameStation has changed its policy) so I took a credit note and will probably get something else at a later date.

Apologies for being negative and slightly off topic in the thread :)

I am still waiting to get this game (europe). I first played the demo I was really bad and since i had never relaly played a sim before I wasn't sure if it was my kind of thing. But I played with assists on for a while and once I took them off it felt sooo much easier and so much more fun. Defiantly going to get this.

ok are they planning on releasing this game for PC?! OMFG it looks amazing.. Would love to get it for PC

Forza will be far too "sim" for you, i bought it and tried and didn't like it because of the "simmy" side of things, too much of a pain in the Ass :( Tried to take it back but can only exchange it, rather than get my money back (Seems GameStation has changed its policy) so I took a credit note and will probably get something else at a later date.

Apologies for being negative and slightly off topic in the thread :)

My one real complaint about sim games is the length of races. I'm not sure how I'll like it, yet. I keep trying to fight the itch by playing more Burnout Revenge, but it's a tough itch, especially when you see people showing off their cars and the like.

One thing about racing games, I either like them arcade to hell (early NFS games, Burnout series, etc) or simmed pretty well (GT). Maybe I would like this game. I'm thinking I don't know what I think haha.

My Cars are listed here ( no stat's though, i usally design on stock, and leave the actually customization prefrence on the player as everybody prefer's diffrent

My Forza 2 Car Designs

I tried the demo and it was ok, but, then again, I thought PGR3 was a weak sim until I found out it's actually classed as a arcade racer lol.

Yes, I also thought PGR3 was a sim but, there was no damage or much things that was like simulator like.

In Forza do they have drivers view? Like with the steering wheel and everything?

My Cars are listed here ( no stat's though, i usally design on stock, and leave the actually customization prefrence on the player as everybody prefer's diffrent

My Forza 2 Car Designs

Wow, you made the Airforce logo by hand?! Love the nissan with the Air Force decals, look's awesome.

The police mustang is awesome!! Jeeze, haha.. Amazing.

There is an arcade mode in the game if you dont like the sim modes. I do think the sim mode is amazing though

This game is fantastic

The only thing I dont like about car sims is that you don't unlock things, rather you have to earn money to buy them. Not to mention it gets a little too technical for my liking and i spend more time fixing my car than racing really. Although the only reason I want Forza is to maybe sell to others skins for cars and then buy my cars with that money, if that is even possible over the system.

I bought it and just finished the North American series in the Proving Grounds using my first car, a Ford Focus. I liked it. I'm not used to there being no music during races so I may have to play my own lol and after losing my front bumper, I quickly realized that you need to avoid contact if you want to make money. Overall, I'm enjoying it, though. I'll play Burnout Revenge when I want a quick smash em up and this when I want to play seriously.

The only thing I dont like about car sims is that you don't unlock things, rather you have to earn money to buy them. Not to mention it gets a little too technical for my liking and i spend more time fixing my car than racing really. Although the only reason I want Forza is to maybe sell to others skins for cars and then buy my cars with that money, if that is even possible over the system.

yes you can unlock things, you do that by leveling up your car and your driver, and manufacturers will offer you discounts/cars it's not the typical sim game.

Forza 2 looks amazing, I have a feeling I might break and buy a 360 just for this game! :D

How do the cars sound? Can you do burnouts? How realistic is it really? Thanks!

Holy moly this game is addictive. I have about 6 or 7 cars already because I keep winning the damn things lol. My only problem right now, as I'm still on the proving grounds, is the fact that I'm not getting much of a chance to increase the car level of each car that I own because I constantly have to switch between different region and drive types.

Oh, and for the record, the green mustang (I think it's a '67 GT500 or something around there), is exactyl what you would expect it to be: Pure muscle with no ability to take a turn with any speed lol.

Holy moly this game is addictive. I have about 6 or 7 cars already because I keep winning the damn things lol. My only problem right now, as I'm still on the proving grounds, is the fact that I'm not getting much of a chance to increase the car level of each car that I own because I constantly have to switch between different region and drive types.

Oh, and for the record, the green mustang (I think it's a '67 GT500 or something around there), is exactyl what you would expect it to be: Pure muscle with no ability to take a turn with any speed lol.

phhhs you just cant drive,t hat is hte best handling/driving muslce car in game next to the camaro. The worst are the charger and barracuda, too heavy, poor brakes, underpowered for thier weight. If you want flat out fun drive the 70 chevelle, 3500lbs, 450hp, skinny tires, bad brakes, if you manage to keep the tires from squeeling in the turns you are doing less than 20mph :p

fun game, way too fun, you really have to learn every turn of every track before you'll do good, and than once you learn that you need to learn how to do it with your choosen car. I have a my z28 tuned just perfect, all suspension work, car handles like a dream, didn't touch the engine, i refuse to, 290hp yet im right around 447 in class C, going again a 490 rated 427 vette he took me on the straights but I could out brake and out handle him and ended up crushing in. A lot of fun.

Don't be afraid to tune your cars btw. My camaro loves a 3.73 rear, 4.11's killed the top end a bit, 3.30's which were standard made it a dog off the line. My 2006 Dodge Charger benefited the best from this. I bought this car for the heavy weight class, than did the whole suspension and brakes/tranny, proceeded to put some 4.11 gears so it could hang with the ferrari 612 acceleration wise and I crushed that thing in a race. Before I modded it the car couldn't even touch that ferrari. Also did a weight saving's mod to get it down from 4300 to 4000lbs.

You need to use the mods smart, you can really push the envelope with them, if you get right to that cutoff number you'll dominate (class C ends at 460 something, so you want to get as close to that as you can without getting into class B, for example).

I am yet another person who is just truly enjoying this game, especially with the wheel.

My only complaint with the wheel has nothing to do with the driving. The wheel has no button that represents clicking in the left stick, so trying to get tot he advanced options when painting or applying decals is not possible, unless I am missing something. Besides that, the wheel makes me enjoy this game 1000 times more than I would with a controller, as I can actually drive.

I have taken things slow, and right now am through all of the proving grounds I can be through right now (just two left), and have also done two amateur events. I have yet to buy anything or tune anything, as quite simply I have no clue what to tune and/or what to buy. So is there a site anywhere that breaks things down for people like me who know nothing at all about cars?? As far as tuning things, I have no clue what to do where.