[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

What are people driving with, Assists wise?

Gonna do No assists, never had so much fun! It's great to complete a race like that.

( Manual gear too )

Gonna do No assists, never had so much fun! It's great to complete a race like that.

( Manual gear too )

I put it on intermediate. I'm not ashamed to have a bit of abs and reminders to slow down in the turns.

( Manual gear too )

I only drive with ABS. That's it. everything else off and MT.

I drive with ABS only. Everything else off, no assists, and i have Manual transmission as well. My S15 Silvia is pushing over 700HP i think right now, it's pretty damn hard to drive. And i put the S2000 engine into my Wings West Civic but immediately took it out after finding how hard it was to drive hahah. But i put the RSX Engine into it and it is freaking insane, i think 420 some Horsepower. This game is too good.

This game is incredible and very addictive. I'm usually not a sim guy, but with most of the assists on, it still has a bit of an arcade feel to it. I wasn't going to buy it because I don't like sims, but I wanted a new game so I broke down. Really glad I did now. I can see myself playing this one for a looooong time.

man i just cant wait for my xbox to get back from the repair center, been almost a month and MS called me Friday to tell me the problem is worse than expected and it has been sent to some other center. Man this is annoying.

I put it on intermediate. I'm not ashamed to have a bit of abs and reminders to slow down in the turns.

Ditto.

I also did go in and bump damage up to simulated as well.

Do you people whom drive it in manual use a controller??!! I would imagine that's pretty awkward.

i use a controller and drive manual. it's not that bad once you get used to it. i'm pretty used to the controls in gran turismo, so i set the forza controls to something similar and i'm having no problems.

i'm enjoying this game very much. i'm thinking of getting a wheel, but i don't have the cash for it right now :(

I finished Arcade mode first place for all races so i unlocked every car that way, gonna play career in the morning and do up a supra.

I use the controller as well, i don't really want/need a wheel at the moment. I don't see myself getting any other racing games at the moment, so i don't think i'll be buying a wheel. I'm fine with the controller anyway.

damn silvia so hard to drive lol, so much power.

Gotta say, playing with a wheel is certainly a nice feeling. But the game feels SO much more difficult with the damn thing, It's impossible to control a slide or keep you on the track during a skid ... Guess i need more practice eh? :)

Gotta say, playing with a wheel is certainly a nice feeling. But the game feels SO much more difficult with the damn thing, It's impossible to control a slide or keep you on the track during a skid ... Guess i need more practice eh? :)

Yep, you just need more practice with it. At first it appears much harder, but now I cannot even imagine playing with the controller considering the amount of precision the wheel offers. You will be able to control slides and stay on track with the wheel, no doubt about it, and once you figure it out, it is so damn kick ass. :punk:

Using the wheel is basically as close as I can imagine a video game getting to real life.

I'm thinking of getting the wheel as well, but I'm not sure if i can really used it as i don't sit at my desk, i understand you can put it on your lap, but won't it be really uncomfortable. i wish i could try it out before buying :(

One thing I'm realizing is that the early races don't really give you a need to trick out any cars beyond maybe a slight engine boost or two. The variation in races makes it impossible to get one car that you can use more than a few times before needing something different because of engine, drive, etc restrictions.

The "I wanna go fast" doesn't sit right on the car imo. Looks like one of those .jpeg sigs that kids make with awful subtitles. :p

I retitled the thread. The discussion has evolved into more than just photos of one's car.

One thing that annoys me about people online is the fact there's always that one prick in a race who gets ahead by spinning others out. It killed my last race because he spun me right into the dirt at around 115mph. Race clean or don't race at all. Hell, one guy coming up behind me just said over the mic "bang bang, on your left" and since I had no chance of holding him off, I gave him room to pass. It seems pretty simple to me. Why can't others do the same?