[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

Why can't others do the same?

Read the official forums they think it's a valid tactic. Everyone on line game will have bellends. Try to find a good community and stick with it. :)

I retitled the thread. The discussion has evolved into more than just photos of one's car.

One thing that annoys me about people online is the fact there's always that one prick in a race who gets ahead by spinning others out. It killed my last race because he spun me right into the dirt at around 115mph. Race clean or don't race at all. Hell, one guy coming up behind me just said over the mic "bang bang, on your left" and since I had no chance of holding him off, I gave him room to pass. It seems pretty simple to me. Why can't others do the same?

That was my huge issue with MotoGP. People get on Live trying to race bikes like cars, waiting until it's too late to start braking. It actually was unbearable until I found a great MotoGP community to race with. I'm hoping, once Europe gets Forza, we'll be able to get a good community here on Neowin going.

If any of you want to race...CLEAN and FUN...drop me an invite :) This game is too good to have it ruined by idiots on Live.

(Oh, and nothing is worse than having some jerk off run the track backwards trying to hit people.)

edit: just saw the website in Spookie's sig. Awesome! I'm definitely going to join.

Read the official forums they think it's a valid tactic. Everyone on line game will have bellends. Try to find a good community and stick with it. :)

That's a shame. Even in PGR3, there was an unwritten rule not to intentionally spin others out. It should apply here. I was just flying high after squeezing in between two other cars on a wide section of the track. One driver even commented how it was a sick squeeze. Then I passed another car and in the next turn he just rams from behind and send me soaring into the dirt. I'm a very respectful driver. I try to win, of course, but if I'm going to hit someone in a way to spin them out, I back off until my next opportunity arises.

Well unfortunately I ran a few people off the road last night because I suck, not because it was done intentionally.

Luckily most of the people I played with understood, as some of them were just starting out as well and the other guys just thought it was funny I sucked so bad.

I know I can practice offline as well, but it is two different experiences completely.

Is there a way to play with people who are just starting out like myself?

My first experience online was last night, and my soon to be brother in law gifted me a car and invited me, so I am not sure how the matchmaking system works, hence why I ask.

Edited by DirtyLarry

Well unfortunately I ran a few people off the road last night because I suck, not because it was done intentionally.

Luckily most of the people I played with understood, as some of them were just starting out as well and the other guys just thought it was funny.

I know I can practice offline as well, but it is two different experiences completely.

Is there a way to play with people who are just starting out like myself?

My first experience online was last night, and my soon to be brother in law gifted me a car and invited me, so I am not sure how the matchmaking system works, hence why I ask.

I was just about to post about this but you beat me to it DL.

Bangbang you need to understand not everybody is always that good at driving games, especially when it comes to sims. I'm annoyed as much as you when it comes to people using your car as a crash barrier, but sometimes the smallest nudge can accidentally spin a car out. What's really annoying though, if perhaps you lose control on a corner and spin somebody out by mistake, or perhaps things are heated between two cars and neither driver wants to give in to the other, and they give you bad feedback for "unsporting". That's BS and the reason I stopped playing PGR online. Even more so when most of the time the person who reports bad feedback caused the problem, go figure..

Intentionally bad driving, fair enough I'm pi**ed at those types too, if they are just learning though, not such a big deal, and you'll most likely overtake and win anyways ;)

I wasn't the only car he spun out and it was far from a little nudge. My rear bumper turned dark red (on the diagram) and was completely trashed. I understand some drivers just aren't as good, but apologizing isn't so hard.

And it's hard to win when you get completely wrecked (another race).

I wasn't the only car he spun out and it was far from a little nudge. My rear bumper turned dark red (on the diagram) and was completely trashed. I understand some drivers just aren't as good, but apologizing isn't so hard.

And it's hard to win when you get completely wrecked (another race).

I didn't spin you out did I? Wasn't it that Smithers dude? I am just confused cause you are saying he like it could be me.

During the 6 or so races I tried, two or three with you, I said sorry at least 15 times yesterday.

I didn't spin you out did I? Wasn't it that Smithers dude? I am just confused cause you are saying he like it could be me.

During the 6 or so races I tried, two or three with you, I said sorry at least 15 times yesterday.

No, no, not you. It was a race I did by myself online with random people.

Also, pardon the crappy shot (I'm still figuring out how you people get such nice looking shots), but why are there blue sections on my car? Blue was the original color, but i painted the whole body, or so I thought. You can see the blue by the wheel well and, at other angles, right under the windshield.

262d29c2ffdc4acb8c70650zq2.th.jpg

I was just about to post about this but you beat me to it DL.

Bangbang you need to understand not everybody is always that good at driving games, especially when it comes to sims. I'm annoyed as much as you when it comes to people using your car as a crash barrier, but sometimes the smallest nudge can accidentally spin a car out. What's really annoying though, if perhaps you lose control on a corner and spin somebody out by mistake, or perhaps things are heated between two cars and neither driver wants to give in to the other, and they give you bad feedback for "unsporting". That's BS and the reason I stopped playing PGR online. Even more so when most of the time the person who reports bad feedback caused the problem, go figure..

Intentionally bad driving, fair enough I'm pi**ed at those types too, if they are just learning though, not such a big deal, and you'll most likely overtake and win anyways ;)

Yeah, I would say when I did cause another person to crash, 95% of the time it was because I was such a bad driver and lost control and was all over the road. Once I hit a guy from behind, but I told him 3 times I was coming up on the right, and he did not listen, so combined with me not being so great, I lost control again.

Funny thing is I just freeze online. I am definitely nowhere near as bad when I am alone, but when I play online it is like I just freeze up and get all nervous. I just need a few days to get comfortable with it and I will be fine.

I am also not sure if the wheel is helping or hurting me online yet. I am still up in the air about that.

No, no, not you. It was a race I did by myself online with random people.

Also, pardon the crappy shot (I'm still figuring out how you people get such nice looking shots), but why are there blue sections on my car? Blue was the original color, but i painted the whole body, or so I thought. You can see the blue by the wheel well and, at other angles, right under the windshield.

262d29c2ffdc4acb8c70650zq2.th.jpg

LOL I did not think it was me, but I am so bad right now I was thinking it could have been.

I still have to mess around with the picture taking thing, but that does look odd.

Damn it all, why do I have to be responsible and work. I so wish I was home right now playing. LOL

Even worse is I have to go to a meeting right after work, so almost no chance I will get to play tonight.

Damn it all, why do I have to be responsible and work. I so wish I was home right now playing. LOL

Even worse is I have to go to a meeting right after work, so almost no chance I will get to play tonight.

Hey, at least you have the game :rofl:

Hey, at least you have the game :rofl:

Fair Enough. :laugh:

Wow, that is a bummer though.

3 more days and it's killing me. especially since the stores have them in stock as of yesterday but are not allowed to sell them before friday >_<

not sure why your car haas some blue on it, but to get good shots watch your replays, or pause the game while you're driving and go into photo mode and take a pic. Use the Focus/aperture and other tweaks to change the look of the photo, alot of the time upshots really make the cars look mean and aggressive with some blur. It's just about experimentation.

You'll get it! :)

I can't wait for this game to get here, shame i have to wait until friday, i've already had the email saying they have packed it though so maybe it will get here a day early, usually does from GAME.

Funny thing is I just freeze online. I am definitely nowhere near as bad when I am alone, but when I play online it is like I just freeze up and get all nervous. I just need a few days to get comfortable with it and I will be fine.

Man, I am the same way with online games of any sort. For whatever reason, it takes me a good 10-15 solid games to get comfortable but I know a few people who can hop right in and succeed. So far, my online experience with FM2 has been mixed. The first race I did online was a career race but I'm still not sure how that one works. I figured it was like you are playing the single-player career mode but I was racing against a couple of people whose cars were extraordinarily dominate - I had no chance. The second race I had was the dreaded 'backwards' race where this one guy drove it backward to crash into people. Completely irritated me so I've laid off online for a few days.

Here's a question for everyone: can someone explain the penalty time to me? I understand that, just like in MotoGP, when you go off-course they penalize you. I think doing that is a great thing. What I don't understand is I'll be in a career race, I'll very, VERY gently rub either the rear or side of an opponent and I get docked. Does FM2 require you to race a pristine race or something? Also, is it possible to totally wreck your car in a race and have a DQ or something? Maybe it was my settings or something but I seem to remember getting some major damage but it reached a point where I could go 150mph into a wall and no more damage occurred!

Man, I am the same way with online games of any sort. For whatever reason, it takes me a good 10-15 solid games to get comfortable but I know a few people who can hop right in and succeed. So far, my online experience with FM2 has been mixed. The first race I did online was a career race but I'm still not sure how that one works. I figured it was like you are playing the single-player career mode but I was racing against a couple of people whose cars were extraordinarily dominate - I had no chance. The second race I had was the dreaded 'backwards' race where this one guy drove it backward to crash into people. Completely irritated me so I've laid off online for a few days.

Here's a question for everyone: can someone explain the penalty time to me? I understand that, just like in MotoGP, when you go off-course they penalize you. I think doing that is a great thing. What I don't understand is I'll be in a career race, I'll very, VERY gently rub either the rear or side of an opponent and I get docked. Does FM2 require you to race a pristine race or something? Also, is it possible to totally wreck your car in a race and have a DQ or something? Maybe it was my settings or something but I seem to remember getting some major damage but it reached a point where I could go 150mph into a wall and no more damage occurred!

The Penalty only effects your lap time (same as when u touch other vehicle's), say u drive round the course all the way on grass and still come first (yea it would need to be a miracle) you would still win the race. As for damage, there are 3 settings, Cosmetic (unlimited damage), Limited (upto 50%) and Simulation (u can wreck your car). I use simulated cos I tend to always stay in front and not crash, and u get a +10% bonus on ur winnings, just be careful on how much damage u take, can cost u a fair few CR if u take too much :p

My problem atm is, I've just completed all the events, but I now want to buy all the cars to get the last few achievements (apart from the arcade stuff, was going to do that last), but some of the cars are still locked, is the only way to get them would be to change Region (for example some Japanese cars need me to be Asia level 45 for them to unlock)? I mean (I've already changed twice) it's gonna cost me 2,000,000CR to change again, and then after I bought the cars from that region I will need to change again and I can only imagine how much it will cost me....if this is the case I can see me doing allot more Endurance Races :/

Man, I am the same way with online games of any sort. For whatever reason, it takes me a good 10-15 solid games to get comfortable but I know a few people who can hop right in and succeed. So far, my online experience with FM2 has been mixed.

Yep, it pretty much is the same across the board for me as well... I just need some time to adjust to online play no matter how much I play the single player version of a game and no matter what the genre.

With these racing games though, I really need more time than usual, as they are just not my forte so to speak.

It is also intimidating though because with a game like this because you get online with people who are so damn serious and just take it to the level the game lets them take it to, which is just a level way higher than a guy like me who owns a car to get from Point A to Point B, and can pour some oil in, change a tire, and put in windshield wiper fluid. :rofl:

I swear in the first game I played they might as well have been speaking Mandarin, as they were talking about tuning parts of the car I just had no clue even existed. So this game is particullarly interesting just due to the nature of the game itself, it is truly meant for the hardcore, which is without a doubt what makes it such a damn good game, but it also makes the online community a little more serious than other games as a result.

With all that said, it is so damn addictive. Absolutely a phenomenal game, one of the best for the 360 to date without a doubt.

Had this game for a week now and I must say WOW what a ride. Me and my brother are both car crazy and when GT1 came out we got Play station just for that. But ever since GT3 we were empty till this baby popped up. I really only got the 360 for RaillSport Challenge 3 if it came out and Forza 2. My bro after I got the game went out and got a 360 after 5 min of play on mine. I never seen a guy move as fast as him.

Yep, it pretty much is the same across the board for me as well... I just need some time to adjust to online play no matter how much I play the single player version of a game and no matter what the genre.

With these racing games though, I really need more time than usual, as they are just not my forte so to speak.

It is also intimidating though because with a game like this because you get online with people who are so damn serious and just take it to the level the game lets them take it to, which is just a level way higher than a guy like me who owns a car to get from Point A to Point B, and can pour some oil in, change a tire, and put in windshield wiper fluid. :rofl:

I swear in the first game I played they might as well have been speaking Mandarin, as they were talking about tuning parts of the car I just had no clue even existed. So this game is particullarly interesting just due to the nature of the game itself, it is truly meant for the hardcore, which is without a doubt what makes it such a damn good game, but it also makes the online community a little more serious than other games as a result.

With all that said, it is so damn addictive. Absolutely a phenomenal game, one of the best for the 360 to date without a doubt.

I must agree with that cause I have so much fun with this game. Almost all my friends use to play GT1 all day on the playstation it was so much fun and this game brings back good memories. Now I can play all my friends on lan and just have fun.

For all the Mustang fans out there like me, here's where I spent about an hour last night:

ShelbyGT-H.jpg

Click for full size to see the lettering detail.

If you guys like it, I'm thinking about auctioning one off tonight with GT-H specs. I wont be selling the original since that's mine with the 5.4L DOHC swap and a Whipple along with other supporting mods and full suspension and driveline, but I'll build a replica of the Shelby GT-Hs that Hertz had.

Edit: Forgot the forum resizes, no need to post a thumb and link to bigger

My Audi that I'm currently working on. A simple blue paint job with white stripes down the middle. The thing is damn quick off the line, but I need to find a better gear setting because acceleration through 3rd and 4th hurts me coming out of turns. I fooled around with some of the photo effects and I think I did decent enough.

post-1798-1181156829_thumb.jpg

Where are all those creative designs you see everywhere else, what is it with people and nasty boring lines :laugh: ?

I'm going to experiment with layers checkered flags on the side, but it's a lot harder than one would think. To make the design work, I'll probably have to make my car a darker shade of blue.