[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

Here is my Renault Clio. Spent a bit of time doin the paint on it last nite, i've now learned alot about the vynil editor it's pretty cool. Gonna spend a butt load of time painting my silvia this week and get it looking insane.

post-88548-1181171599_thumb.jpg

Man, I love this game. First of all, my simple blue Audi is a very good B class car. I could up it to A class easily, but I hold it right at 700 because I like B class racing. It's a bit slow out of turns, but the thing is the fastest off the line every time. Other than that, there are some ****ing cool people racing online. I always bitch and moan about the few jerks, but it's amazing when you get a good race. Just did 3 races online against 4 or 5 other people. I won 2 of 3. The last race, the guy passed me on the second to last turn and I ALMOST got him on the last turn, but my slow acceleration in 3rd and 4th caught up to me. Either way, it was one of those races you don't mind losing. He told me he was going to over take me inside and I knew I couldn't hold him, so I let him go like I should have. And he was willing to do the same when I called it out in the last turn. Great great race.

i havent read the previous pages of this thread...but im sure someone has mentioned the fact that you cant sell cars you got for free for more than 100 credits. that is really my only gripe with the game. its flipping amazing.

Edit: I just got my 360 a week ago so don't knock the gamer score...haha yet

My first attempt at painting a car and taking a photo...

post-34384-1181186368_thumb.jpg

Man, if they could somehow tie it into photoshop, it would be so ON!

Here is my Renault Clio. Spent a bit of time doin the paint on it last nite, i've now learned alot about the vynil editor it's pretty cool. Gonna spend a butt load of time painting my silvia this week and get it looking insane.

Very nice. (Y)

And Vinyl Editor???? Man, I need to really play around with painting more very soon. It is just so crazy the amount of time you can spend doing it.

Yep, it pretty much is the same across the board for me as well... I just need some time to adjust to online play no matter how much I play the single player version of a game and no matter what the genre.

With these racing games though, I really need more time than usual, as they are just not my forte so to speak.

It is also intimidating though because with a game like this because you get online with people who are so damn serious and just take it to the level the game lets them take it to, which is just a level way higher than a guy like me who owns a car to get from Point A to Point B, and can pour some oil in, change a tire, and put in windshield wiper fluid. :rofl:

I swear in the first game I played they might as well have been speaking Mandarin, as they were talking about tuning parts of the car I just had no clue even existed. So this game is particullarly interesting just due to the nature of the game itself, it is truly meant for the hardcore, which is without a doubt what makes it such a damn good game, but it also makes the online community a little more serious than other games as a result.

With all that said, it is so damn addictive. Absolutely a phenomenal game, one of the best for the 360 to date without a doubt.

Well, you've got one up on me at least in that you drive in real life. I'm going to be 28 this month and still don't have my learners licence :p.

Anyone know of a site that teaches you about tuning and things?

Oh, and what's up with the manual to this game? I remember owning some of the GT games and they were like a novel with all kinds of driving tips and techniques. The Forza 2 one is literally pretty much a panflet.

isn't the limited edition just that booklet? in itself it's not that great but makes for a plesant extra.

is anyone else having a much harder time with the RWD American cars? Even after extensive mods and with slicks the Shelby is a hog on the track and a challenge to handle.

Limited Collectors is a Soundtrack CD, 3 Extra cars ( European version atleast ) and a Booklet.

Oh, i also read, if you start in the Asia region you get alot more vectors and vinyls to play with ... ALOT more. is that true?

ooooh damn it i really need to get a hold of this game i think i can really get into the designing artistic part of it i mean i got a few decent looking cars out of the limited options in Need for Speed Carbon and now im hearing that this game has so many more options i think ill just be free to express my self :laugh:

And strangely enough i haven't been hearing nobody talking about one of my favorite cars i know its in the game its just nobody seems to be using it... the Mitsubishi Pro Evo Lancer 9?? does anybody have this car and if they do does it handle well? got any pictures with good designs?

Ohhh and MichaelBL in reply to your sign you have obviously never heard of Chad Warden... Look him up! Although moronic as they are i find 360 fanboys to be the least in numbers and then theres people like Chad Warden the poster child for pro abortion campaigners :p

Edited by Green_Eye

Limited Collectors is a Soundtrack CD, 3 Extra cars ( European version atleast ) and a Booklet.

i don't know where you read about the soundtrack cd, but i could not find any info on that. as far as i've seen it just includes the booklet with all the cars and their details and 3 extra cars.

i don't know where you read about the soundtrack cd, but i could not find any info on that. as far as i've seen it just includes the booklet with all the cars and their details and 3 extra cars.

From my local gaming shop, they get all this info from the publisher;

"Collectors edition info: collector's edition, featuring a 157 page booklet and three unreleased cars. It will also contain a soundtrack CD.

The three cars including the Subaru Impreza S204, Saleen Mustang S281E, and Ferrari Challenge Stradale are not available by being bought, or gifted.

Various online game stores are offering a bonus code to unlock the Nissan 350Z featured on the game's cover as a playable in-game car in both editions."

isn't the limited edition just that booklet? in itself it's not that great but makes for a plesant extra.

is anyone else having a much harder time with the RWD American cars? Even after extensive mods and with slicks the Shelby is a hog on the track and a challenge to handle.

Well that's BS then. The game should include a proper manual at no extra charge. It's stupid to charge $20 extra for it. The CE should just have the extra content and some behind the scenes stuff, maybe an extra DVD with driving tips and stuff. I mean, the manual that comes with the normal edition of the game is literally 10 pages. It's a joke.

Edited by Ji@nBing

Woot my copy is in the post :D Should have it tomorrow!

I never heard anything about the CE having a soundtrack, but I can't complain :) I was only interested in the extra cars (plus it was cheaper to buy the CE :p)

Got my copy this morning (Limited Collectors Edition), but i'm not going to start playing it until i've finished my exams tomorrow afternoon.

Today dell.ca has THIS and the official MS wheel on for 89.95 CND! So I'm contemplating buying it, but I'm not all that big on racing sims, will the wheel change my mind completely? I read its supposed to be good, I'm kinda torn because its a one day sale thing :/ it doesn't seem too bad(I'm a BIG deal ######).

Today dell.ca has THIS and the official MS wheel on for 89.95 CND! So I'm contemplating buying it, but I'm not all that big on racing sims, will the wheel change my mind completely? I read its supposed to be good, I'm kinda torn because its a one day sale thing :/ it doesn't seem too bad(I'm a BIG deal ######).

Bah I got over excited and didn't realize that it wasn't the official wheel but a logitech one, boy do I feel like a chump.

But anyway yeah, forza 2 woohoo, as I said though not my thing.

Well that's BS then. The game should include a proper manual at no extra charge.

The manual is fine. So is the limited edition. Nice booklet explaining the origins of the manfactures and a few driving tips covering weight distribution, braking and cornering.

Stop your whining.

Where are all those creative designs you see everywhere else, what is it with people and nasty boring lines :laugh: ?

Haha, I'm not much into the ricey looking cars with graphics all over them. I had fun re-creating that GT-H since they didn't sell them to the general public. Now I can say I drove one! :laugh:

Just rented this and it should be in the next couple of days. Normally, I'm not much of a sim-racing guy, but this game just sounds like so much fun, so I'll definitely give it my best shot. :)

Holy hell, It's insane to do anything with that editor. Really horrible coded imo :s

But here's my car so far, started a few hours ago so It's nothing impressive.

03e14ec583a244cf8d20d59dv3.jpg

My hands ache :D

I started with the VW Golf MK2 and I've got it up to 650BHP :o It's insane :D

Not tried the vinyl editor yet...

tomorrow hurry up :p first thing I'm gonna do is make a Spock's Beard themed car and maybe a neowin theme.

(spock's beard logo)

spocksBeard19.jpg

Spent a load souping up this badboy :p About Lv13 or so right now and am loving the game. The jaggies are less pronounced in the final game, then the demo.

1.jpg

2.jpg