[Mac] Creating ISO from CD/DVD

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a CD/DVD ISO image from a CD/DVD. I have some home made VCDs that I like to make an ISO image backup, but cannot figure out how to do it on a Mac. I knew how to do it with Nero for Windows.

I use Toast for burning CDs, is there any options to create the ISO image within?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Have you tried Disk Utility? It makes .cdr but its basically the same I think. Just open up Disk Utility (Applications/Utilities), select your disk from the left, click New Image up at the top, choose a filename, save location and I think make Image Format DVD/CD Master.

create a CD/DVD Master using Disk Utility.

It's pretty much an ISO image, i burnt one on my PC like 2 days ago using ImgBurn.

Edit: doh

Cool.. is the .CDR format pretty much univeral like the ISO format?

I mean does all burning software support that format or only a few?

I have never heard if CDR. the standards are BIN, ISO, ISZ, CUE, NRG, IMG, CDD, SUB, MDF and MDS .but I have no clue with a CDR (though I am a PC user)

I'm getting an Unable to create ?myVCD.cdr? - Input/output error message when it's almost done when using Disk Utility.

Anyone know the problem?

I have never heard if CDR. the standards are BIN, ISO, ISZ, CUE, NRG, IMG, CDD, SUB, MDF and MDS .but I have no clue with a CDR (though I am a PC user)

I think it's pretty much just a expanded form of an ISO image (with support for more things), all i had to do to burn it on my pc was rename it from .cdr to .iso

I still get the input/output error message even when trying to create an ISO or CDR from a Linux Debian NetInstall CD.

I hope I don't have a problem with the drive itself on my Macbook :(

Anyone help?

Try using Toast (8) Titanium instead.

Pop-in the disk > Select Copy in the Sidebar > Disc Copy > In the Menu Bar File / Save As Disc Image > Rename untitled.toast to untitled.iso > Click Save.

Try using Toast (8) Titanium instead.

Pop-in the disk > Select Copy in the Sidebar > Disc Copy > In the Menu Bar File / Save As Disc Image > Rename untitled.toast to untitled.iso > Click Save.

So that's how you do it in Toast... I wouldn't have known that. Thanks!!! I knew there should be a way but just didn't know how.

I was going to resort to Nero running in Parallels. But this is the solution I prefer. Thanks again.

:)