Apple Announces iPhone Service Plans

Well, I'm being screwed by AT&T, then. With a 20% discount, I pay ~$85 a month for 450 anytime, 5000 night and weekend, unlimited date, 1500 sms. Thanks guys.

I have Cingular, I could advice you Call and get a new Service Plan... I have 900min (with rollover) National Calling, with Free Roaming, Unlimited m2m, night&weekends Unlimited (+$7 to start nights @7pm Free Voice Mail for $49.99.

I wonder if they will release an inexpensive version of iPhone. I can't pay $500 dollars for a damn cell phone. I like the GUI of the phone but I don't need the iPod capability.

Yeah, those are the rumors...

An 80GB iPhone anyone? :laugh:

post-61366-1182870189_thumb.png

na-na :whistle:

post-222626-1182876966.jpg

post-222626-1182877303_thumb.jpg

"*Includes one line. Additional iPhone lines are $29.99 each"

Wow, you really gotta pay if you want more than one iPhone.

I have Cingular, I could advice you Call and get a new Service Plan... I have 900min (with rollover) National Calling, with Free Roaming, Unlimited m2m, night&weekends Unlimited (+$7 to start nights @7pm Free Voice Mail for $49.99.

Yes, but he also has a text message plan and unlimited data adding to his bill.

Yeah, those are the rumors...

Must be one that only you have heard.

iPhone (with any luck) is going to be a flop. The phone is not subsidized by the carrier (AT&T) meaning that you are paying the same price for the phone as if you were buying it outright with no contract, HOWEVER, you will still be locked into a 2 year contract regardless. EDGE only data when 3G is up and coming. No external data slot. No 3rd party programs (rumor is it will be opened up but limited). No physical buttons, texting is going to be VERY different with no tactile feedback. I for one won't be buying one regardless of the price.

lol I like how the fine print says that you must be activated on a service plan to use any feature, including the iPod. So you can't just remove the SIM and use it as a regular iPod. Typical apple.

lol I like how the fine print says that you must be activated on a service plan to use any feature, including the iPod. So you can't just remove the SIM and use it as a regular iPod. Typical apple.

Why the hell would you pay $600 to use it as an iPod? Just wait for the next generation iPod then.

The thing is called an iPhone after all.

So, like, I thought you went in there and bought the SIM. Why all this activation stuff? :s

I also like how you're not stuck too badly to one package, three is a nice choice.

Blame ATT on that one. If you didn't have to activate, ATT would loose everything they have on the iPhone. By forcing consumers to activate, ATT has the security that they at least will have some earnings for 2 years.

Apple? Apple wins as long as it sells the hardware.

I just want to see how many people will be ****ed off when they spend the $500-$600 on the phone and notice that they have to sign a 2 year contract if they want to hear music, take pictures or watch videos on their iPhone.

I wanted to buy one, but after seeing that there is no way of freeing myself of a stupid data plan that I won't use, I won't buy ****. Chocolate, here I come.

So, like, I thought you went in there and bought the SIM. Why all this activation stuff? :s

This is the way it's typically done here in the US. You buy a phone and it come with a SIM card already activated on the service, or it activates the first time you turn it on. Since it appears that the iPhone doesn't have any removable panels on it, its likely that the SIM is integrated into the phone in some way, or doesn't use one at all, hence the need to activate it through iTunes.

This is the way it's typically done here in the US. You buy a phone and it come with a SIM card already activated on the service, or it activates the first time you turn it on. Since it appears that the iPhone doesn't have any removable panels on it, its likely that the SIM is integrated into the phone in some way, or doesn't use one at all, hence the need to activate it through iTunes.

I thought that's what the slot on the side was for. That sucks :(

Yeah I dont think any of Verizon's phones have SIM cards in them.

I thought that's what the slot on the side was for. That sucks :(

What slot? There's no slot on the iPhone. Are you talking about the black strip on the left? That's the volume up/down button!

There HAS to be somewhere to put a SIM card, I didn't think a GSM phone could be GSM without a SIM...

What slot? There's no slot on the iPhone. Are you talking about the black strip on the left? That's the volume up/down button!

On the top, there is supposed to be a tray for the SIM card:

First keynote 2007, at 39:12:

post-76841-1182893429_thumb.jpg

Or you can check Apples website, the 3D view of the iPhone:

post-76841-1182893522_thumb.jpg

Yeah I dont think any of Verizon's phones have SIM cards in them.

That's because it's a CDMA network (along with Sprint), which doesn't use a SIM card. Only GSM, which is AT&T, T-Mobile, Alltel, etc, uses a SIM card.

On the top, there is supposed to be a tray for the SIM card:

First keynote 2007, at 39:12:

post-76841-1182893429_thumb.jpg

Or you can check Apples website, the 3D view of the iPhone:

post-76841-1182893522_thumb.jpg

Ah, OK, I missed that. I just think it's funny that some people think that the volume button on the left is a slot!

Ah, OK, I missed that. I just think it's funny that some people think that the volume button on the left is a slot!

It looked slot-ish :blush:

Why the hell would you pay $600 to use it as an iPod? Just wait for the next generation iPod then.

The thing is called an iPhone after all.

The beauty of GSM is that some people have more than one phone.

I guess the "Rip off Britain" phrase isn't quite so true anymore. The cost of those plans REALLY bites! You poor buggers!

Mind you, they probably get more out of us with downloadable content such as ringtones, background pictures and Java games... Do you guys have videocalls over there, like we do with the 3 network?

It's not too popular on EDGE, although 3G is finally slowly making its way across the US and Canada, where video calling is much more popular.

I'm fine with my T-Mobile Dash for $50 a month with 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends and unlimited internet.

Damn I envy you guys with your low call charges and call plans...

I didnt know how much I am being ripped off by the South African cell phone operators until I read this thread...

I pay $ 50 for only 85 off peak minutes and 15 peak...

Can anyone imagine paying $ 0.30 per mb for data? Well thats how much I pay! :angry:

Just hope someday we get more competition in this country, maybe an American operator, that puts these bastards out of business.