Photo

Mac OS X Software List

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#241 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

Posted 26 December 2013 - 19:14

I was reading your list and remembered some of my OLD Mac OS X apps... like Audion... I miss that.

#242 Atlanowl

Atlanowl

Neowinian

Posted 27 May 2014 - 19:05

Coda 2 if you need an HTML editor for a website. Great tool. There is actually another one almost as great, called CoffeeCup, but after some consideration I've chosen Coda. 

#243 68k

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 02 June 2014 - 13:32

I think this topic is important enough to be organized better. I wish there was just one list that users could update. Half the links in the first post no longer work, and having to go through 17 pages just takes too long. Action please.

#244 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 12
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:49

This thread just like most of the pinned threads in the Mac section is in dire need of an overhaul, agreed. The release of OS X Yosemite will be a good occasion to do it.

Actually the entire Mac subforum could use some revitalisation come to think of it..

#245 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:51

This thread just like most of the pinned threads in the Mac section is in dire need of an overhaul, agreed. The release of OS X Yosemite will be a good occasion to do it.

Actually the entire Mac subforum could use some revitalisation come to think of it..

Give it a pretty new colour scheme? :p

#246 VII

VII

I am Spartacus!!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:20

can someone recommend a free application for my mother that she can use periodically to clean and increase performance on her Mac system by deleting things in certain folders that she wouldn't know about, or caches, etc?

something like onyx's maintenance section but easier interface? thank you!

#247 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware)

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:36

can someone recommend a free application for my mother that she can use periodically to clean and increase performance on her Mac system by deleting things in certain folders that she wouldn't know about, or caches, etc?

something like onyx's maintenance section but easier interface? thank you!

https://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner

#248 VII

VII

I am Spartacus!!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:08

https://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner

perfect! thank you!

#249 UKer

UKer

Smeghead

Posted 05 October 2014 - 14:45

I have to add two applications that are insanely great!

The first is one I use every day because I have to edit audio files for audio listening samples for learners of English, to make exams practices for the Spanish army. It is the best sample editor on earth and works on iPhone, iPad and Mac. I also use it for editing samples for nightclub performances, and on professional music tracks (I DJ dance music on Fridays and Saturdays every week and help produce music too). It's pricy normally but can be got on offer for $20.

It's http://twistedwave.com and is faster and more feature rich than editors that cost upward of $400.

Another application I use a lot (although it's multi-platform) is Rekordbox 3, and it's free to download!

This is phenomenal, even if you don't have a DJ setup you can still use it (as long as you know how to DJ!). It means I can go to a nightclub with just a USB HDD and play for hours with no problem. I like to DJ for 8 hours if they will let me, and I use this software to prepare my sets. It is better if you have Pioneer CDJs of course, but if you want to DJ with just a laptop, it makes it possible. I've even played clubs with just a laptop using this, no controller (because the controllers/CDJs were broken, I played 6 hours of tunes to 1000 people using only my macbook and didn't make one mistake).