10 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote]Following a dry spell in the first quarter of this year, the HD DVD camp rebounded in Q2 to release more high-def titles than its next-gen rival.

According to industry tipsheet [i]The DVD Release Report[/i], 70 HD DVD titles hit store shelves during the period from April 1 through June 30, compared to 63 Blu-ray titles in the same timeframe.

That's quite a jump for HD DVD, which got trounced in the same metric by Blu-ray over the first three months of the year, releasing only 29 titles (compared to Blu-ray's 69). HD DVD backers have pointed to the format's dearth of new releases in the early part of the year as a primary reason for what quickly became a widening sales lead for Blu-ray.[/quote]

Source: [url="http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Industry_Trends/More_HD_DVD_Titles_Released_in_Q2_Than_Blu-ray/735"]Hi-Def Digest[/url]

Posted

Finally some good news for HD DVD! Maybe just maybe this will turn into a war again soon, and not a freaking "we support blu-ray" campaign.

Posted

ive bought more hd-dvds in the past few months then i did the entire first year :)

Posted

Yeah this is true, my collection now has 40+ HD-DVD titles and I have about 10 BD titles. And I'm not hesitant to buy BD titles, it's just that a lot of good stuff has been coming out on HD-DVD.

Posted

That makes it even more embarrassing for HD-DVD as Blu-ray is still outselling them 2:1 each week with fewer movies available in that period.

Posted

go HD! waiting for 300 and faceoff to come out to HD. I still got to get the planet earth documentary on HD

Posted

[quote name='AlphaPrime' post='588673856' date='Jul 4 2007, 04:16']That makes it even more embarrassing for HD-DVD as Blu-ray is still outselling them 2:1 each week with fewer movies available in that period.[/quote]
I was just thinking that :|

Posted

[quote name='AlphaPrime' post='588673856' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:16']That makes it even more embarrassing for HD-DVD as Blu-ray is still outselling them 2:1 each week with fewer movies available in that period.[/quote]

QFT. Without a doubt... I've been slowly, but surely building my Blu-ray collection. :)

Posted

Well its good that they are getting lots of movies out. I don't know anyone with HD-DVD though. I have a few Blu-Rays

Posted

I'm not buying any HD movies of either format until one comes out victorious. I'm not wasting my money on a format that could very well fail.