Vista SP1 Beta 1 Released July 16th?

let File Explorer make thumbnails with the GPU

I don't think that possible. Explorer just calls a external dll that comes with WMP or Acrobat or Word or Excel etc.

So tommorrow you create your new extension/file-format, Explorer will just call you program to generate the thumbnail.

The thumbnails itself are drawn on the screen using Aero (which uses the GPU).

Anyways I am surprised that thumbnails takes time to generate on your system. Do you have a old computer?

You guys keep forgetting this article says the week of July 16... not July 16 itself. So we may not know for sure until the week is over.

You guys keep forgetting this article says the week of July 16... not July 16 itself. So we won't know for sure until the week is over.

Ok guys u can go sleep now,fun is over

Oh! I forgot that IIS 7 will be updated too. I have been using it since Vista was released. will be great to use the improved version now in Server 2008 betas.

I love the error pages in the new IIS7! Plus the welcome page and stuff is a nice finish to it!

It might improve the speed with the new Kernel..

The kernal in Windows Server 2008 Beta 3 starts up pretty fast and mostly everything is, the shutdown is super fast! And beta 3 is old now, Microsoft has a build of Windows Server 2008 in its labs and its kernal is even faster, imagine it integrated into sp1 beta 1! cant wait plus that hypervisor thing i heard.

Anyone have Microsoft contacts that could give us detailed information on kernel changes and what performance increase it might bring.

Anyone have Microsoft contacts that could give us detailed information on kernel changes and what performance increase it might bring.

Yup, billgates@microsoft.com ;)

Seriously, even if someone had contacts, they wouldn't release the info about the changelog.

They never did when I was testing Vista beta in the newgroups, so why would they tell anyone :(

We all have to wait.. lol

Those newsgroup people don't trust anyone, the Vista Beta was annoyingly quiet. Wendy was sorta entertaining though. I was referring to someone a bit less public though....and rarer, more special than the newsgroup people.

;) i see nothing yet, kinda disappointed, i wanted to install some new stuff ;)

btw Bill Gates' email address would be a company style on like b.gates@microsoft.com or something like that (thats probs it mind u :p)

Those newsgroup people don't trust anyone, the Vista Beta was annoyingly quiet. Wendy was sorta entertaining though. I was referring to someone a bit less public though....and rarer, more special than the newsgroup people.
Wendy is a complete b#@^%.... least helpful, rudest person I met in my beta testing

;) i see nothing yet, kinda disappointed, i wanted to install some new stuff ;)

btw Bill Gates' email address would be a company style on like b.gates@microsoft.com or something like that (thats probs it mind u :p)

It's billg(ark)microsoft.com

Looks like a very closed beta testing for now.

As Steven Bink reports, it will be on show at Microsoft Tech Ed conference, Gold Coast Convention Centre (Australia) on August 8 according to this

http://www.microsoft.com/australia/teched07/index.aspx

Key products and technologies

Windows Vista and Windows Vista SP1, Application Compatibility Toolkit, IE 7.0, Windows Installer, Windows Vista Security, Windows Vista Networking, Volume Activation 2.0, Windows Vista Mobility, Virtual PC, Business Desktop Deployment (BDD), Windows Desktop Management, BitLocker? Drive Encryption, User Account Control, Reliability, Search, Performance, Virtualization/SoftGrid, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, Windows Vista and "Longhorn" Server Better Together.

Looks like a very closed beta testing for now.

As Steven Bink reports, it will be on show at Microsoft Tech Ed conference, Gold Coast Convention Centre (Australia) on August 8 according to this

http://www.microsoft.com/australia/teched07/index.aspx

Key products and technologies

Windows Vista and Windows Vista SP1, Application Compatibility Toolkit, IE 7.0, Windows Installer, Windows Vista Security, Windows Vista Networking, Volume Activation 2.0, Windows Vista Mobility, Virtual PC, Business Desktop Deployment (BDD), Windows Desktop Management, BitLocker™ Drive Encryption, User Account Control, Reliability, Search, Performance, Virtualization/SoftGrid, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, Windows Vista and "Longhorn" Server Better Together.

Actually, Bink didn't 'report' that. Since, Microsoft has provided an updated statement on that. They say it is a copy error and there won't be any SP1 at TechEd.

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20070717/vista-sp1-teched/

Just got this in an e-mail:

Hello WDK Beta Users-

A new beta WDK build is now available for download on Connect. This WDK beta release to Connect coincides with the recent OS beta release for Vista SP1 Preview. Please take a few moments to install the new build and test as applicable for your needs. As always, please file bugs as quickly and detailed as possible.

Thank you for your continued support!

WDK Team

From the way it sounds it could either be a public or more private release. Who knows?

EDIT: I didn't see the links above that already mention this :laugh: I'm a little slow today

Not interested in Beta software, when is the final service pack due?

depends how many service packs they have for vista ...

im such a smart-ass