Neowin Xbox Live Matches

Neowin Xbox Live Matches

Ok so here is the plan..When a new game comes out for the 360 in particular there is often discussion about hooking up with members from Neowin on Xbox Live. Sometimes this works out and other times it does not.

The purpose of this thread will be to offer gamers a one stop place where they can discuss and make plans to play on Xbox Live with one another, be it multiplayer, co-op or even leagues and tournaments, depending on how far we can take things.

So if this thread gets enough attention and works, who knows where it can go from here.

First of if you haven't already done so, share your gamertag with other members either directly in this topic or the Member Index which is pinned to the top of the subforum. To make this work it'll be best to play with others who live in similar time zones, so please include that in your response. State which game you want to play and match type (co-op, multiplayer etc) and enjoy the match!

So:

Gamertag:

Game:

Match Type:

Time Zone:

Along with anything else you want to add.

The only way this topic is going to work is if people play together and they keep their word they will meet for a match. Obviously this won't always be the case because we all have our lives to get on with but I think it'll really bring the Neowin community together more. Really what we want to achieve is the team work and fun from the Halo 3 Beta (if anyone joined in those matches you'll know what I'm talking about).

This thread can be used for setting up matches such as playing co-op on Gears of War for example. When you are looking for someone to play through the game with, but don't want to put up with kiddies on Xbox Live. If you are new to Xbox Live as well this will be a great way for you to get involved and meet some new people. Obviously it does not matter if you have completed the game before but just fancy playing a few chapters etc.

Also, hopefully, we will be able to set up some big matches where Neowin members can work as a team. Not everyone is going to have the same games as one another, but even 5 or so people would be awesome.

And for games such as Madden, NBA etc hopefully with a bit of organisation we can set up some sort of league/tournaments.

Have fun!

Awesome idea I hope this takes off. A lot of big games coming out soon and it'd be great to play online with some of you guys :D

To add to what DL said, you can use this site to work out time zone differences :)

Absolutely Fantastic Idea :D

was waiting for this kind of thread I for one would love the idea and I particularly think this is the best tmie to start a topic like this so we can get used to the idea and by the time the big boys hit this fall we will have perfected this :D

YAAAAY!! for the Neowin Community :D :laugh:

I'll play some RS:V with you guys around 5pm GMT ^ if you like :) I'm a complete noob at it though, so beware if I'm on your team we probably won't win :laugh:

Gamertag: WelshBluebird1

Game: CoD3 / PGR3 / Uefa champions league 2007

Match Type: any

Time Zone: GMT (but its BST right now cos its summer)

Sorry, had to leave that horrible server! Even though the ping showed green, there was a horrible weapon delay.

Then the Host Advantage really shows :no:

But you were really good man! Did you have any relations to the guy "Munky5" who joined, Elite Rank :ninja:

Sorry, had to leave that horrible server! Even though the ping showed green, there was a horrible weapon delay.

Then the Host Advantage really shows :no:

But you were really good man! Did you have any relations to the guy "Munky5" who joined, Elite Rank :ninja:

It's ok I only stayed for one more round anyways. Teams were very unbalanced and as you said the host advantage was crap.

Nah I was wondering if that Munky5 guy was going to mention that :laugh: I'm still learning, there is some damn good shooters on this game :|

I'll let you know next time one of my Swedish friends host, at least they have a decent Connection :laugh:

Then the game really shines. There's not even any kids shouting "R U GUYS SPEEKING??, ZOMG TWAS AWESOMES!!!"

Gamertag: Trongavitus

Game: Rainbow Six: Vegas/Battlefield 2: MC/Halo 2

Match Type: I don't know

Time Zone: Eastern

Let me warn you, I am of this so-called "Elite" ranking in Rainbow Six: Vegas and I'm pretty good at every game I have.

Gamertag: Anaron

Game: Gears of War

Math Type: Warzone/Execution

Time Zone: Eastern

Thanks for the game TipsyApe - Hope you understood my extremely poor English :laugh:

Haha thanks for the help! Your english is actually very good (Y)

I really don't understand the ranking in RSV though. The red bars are full and I haven't moved up..:/

When the bar is full, there's another invisible bar needed to be filled.

And let me give you an advice, play some Terrorist Hunt and learn the maps. You have a bright future ahead in RSV, you know how to move and shoot ;)

Gamertag: UND3RxOATH

Game: Gears of War/Halo 2

Match Type: Doesn't matter

Time Zone: Central.