Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elliot B.

Using AC3Filter in VLC

14 posts in this topic

How can I use AC3Fitler in VLC?

How can I use AC3Fitler in VLC?

I think if you have the ac3 codec installed it should work with any player like windows media player or vlc

I think you can't because VLC uses it's own codecs

I think you can't because VLC uses it's own codecs

I'll stick with MPC then (Y)

I'll stick with MPC then (Y)

doesn't MPC use its own codec too

doesn't MPC use its own codec too

All I know is if I install MPC, then AC3Filter, I can configure AC3Filter from within MPC and it boost my DVD audio etc.

I always wondered how to get AC3filter to work in VLC. Guess it doesn't.

*bump*

Is there any news on getting AC3Filter working with VLC media player?

no, the point of VLC is that you don't have to install "codecs" - it just plays everything since it doesn't rely on external ones. They all come with the program.

AC3Filter is built into VLC, it works on mine :)

Where is the option to boost the volume beyond the standard volume? The CTRL method works but I don't believe saves each time I close the program.

Just because it can decode AC3 doesn't mean it uses AC3filter. VLC uses a52 decoder liba52.

Where is the option to boost the volume beyond the standard volume? The CTRL method works but I don't believe saves each time I close the program.

I know what you're talking about, I have to increase the volume gain too because it's just too damn low lol. Sad to tell you tho... but you will never get AC3filter configuration options in VLC. Stick to MPC, it's 1000000x better than VLC anyways.

EDIT:

If you really insist on uses a player with built in codec support, use KMPlayer. You set it to use internal codecs (default) for everything, and then just set AC3 decoding to use AC3filter externally. Unlike VLC, KMP gives you a choice in what codecs to use rather than forcing you to use its internal junk.

Use the volume normalizer filter in VLC, I've set the max level to 5 and the DVDs sound much better.

You can find it in Settings -> Preferences -> Audio -> Filters

Just because it can decode AC3 doesn't mean it uses AC3filter. VLC uses a52 decoder liba52.

I know what you're talking about, I have to increase the volume gain too because it's just too damn low lol. Sad to tell you tho... but you will never get AC3filter configuration options in VLC. Stick to MPC, it's 1000000x better than VLC anyways.

EDIT:

If you really insist on uses a player with built in codec support, use KMPlayer. You set it to use internal codecs (default) for everything, and then just set AC3 decoding to use AC3filter externally. Unlike VLC, KMP gives you a choice in what codecs to use rather than forcing you to use its internal junk.

I'll give KMPlayer a go (Y)

Use the volume normalizer filter in VLC, I've set the max level to 5 and the DVDs sound much better.

You can find it in Settings -> Preferences -> Audio -> Filters

Didn't seem to do much really mate.