[Review] iPhone 8GB

I love the Safari part, Neowin looks amazing, even on that small screen (Y). Does the drop down JS stuff work though?

Wish my PDA had Safari ported from the iPhone :pinch:

Southside:

Until you get one . . .

Used one. Again, its nice, but the price tag does not justify it.

Please.... Have you actually used a lot of mobile phone cameras, as they are really rubbish bar the autofocus cameras in the high end nokias and sony ericssons, you are just bashing it because its apple.

No. I "bash" :rolleyes: it because it is a hyped up product when there are lesser hyped or no hype at all around other products which have better feature/price ratio.

The iPhone took those car photos? They're so huge and crisp. Wow. It's as good as a digital camera.

It should have great quality photos considering it is almost as big as a camera! I knew this phone was dimensionally huge, but it dwarfs the iPod and that's bigger than most cell phones these days! Ridiculously huge...I just can't get over it.

I just cant see what all members are :o "Aweee" about. Ive seen pictures from other camera phones better.

Well I guess some of us have better and some of us have worse vision :unsure:

The only reason I would think about going to the iPhone over my 8525 is because of the Internet Surfing(Tired of the mobile version)... Only Reason.

2 for 1 at specsavers (Y)

Are you sure? Is that deal still on :p.

EDIT: The guys whose eyes need fixing better get to specsavers by tommorow.

Promotion ends on the 19th.

Fantastic review, thanks for this, it made great reading! As soon as it comes to the UK I will be in the shop's buying one for myself, even more so now. (Y)

Thanks.

Nice Review but

How is Iphone revolutionary? It doesnt improve on any technical features that are being offered by PDAs today. Infact iphone is a step back. It doesnt have gps,3g,mms,active sync,remote terminal and not to mention it still has a 2MP camera and only 8gb space? For 600$ locked device, i would have excepted apple to include either more features or more space. No customization at all. No 3rd party support. People need to get thier head out of sand and stop calling this phone "revolutionary". Please, its anything BUT revolutionary.

My friend that lives in the States bought an iPhone and what he told me is not very promising.

Cons

1. First off, the non-replaceable battery is a very ****ty factor as the replacement program is expensive.

2. You cannot send SMS's to more than one person at a time, an inconvenience when trying to mass-message people

3. You cannot use headphones of your own without buying a $25 adaptor that kills the phone's esthetics.

4. Bluetooth only works for phone conversations but not for listening to music or Sync-ing to your computer, verry ****ty!

5. You cannot select MP3's as ringtones WTF??? It's a goddamn phone!!!

6. Limited applications for it and not many planned for the future because of Apple's desire to control what happens to the phone.....

7. Call quality is pretty bad, definitely should not be the case for a $600 phone.

8. Too damn expensive for what it is!

9. EDGE network that AT&T has is VERY slow! One of the worst in the world! I think Apple is actually asking themselves why they made a deal with these idiots anyway.

10. No flash / java support for the browser as of now.

11. No ability to record videos using the camera.....very un-impressing for a miltimedia phone.

12. No GPS built-in.....again, for the price this should have been a no-brainer.

Pros

1. It looks very good.

2. Interface is innovative and easy / fun to use.

3. Camera quality is very good.

4. Screen is very nice-looking and great for watching movies / pictures.

Bottom line, the iPhone is a device for people that don't really expect their phone to do that much and I think that for the price, Apple could have made a much better product. Remember, it only costs Apple $250 to make the 8GB version and $200 for the 4GB version.

My friend that lives in the States bought an iPhone and what he told me is not very promising.

Cons

1. First off, the non-replaceable battery is a very ****ty factor as the replacement program is expensive.

2. You cannot send SMS's to more than one person at a time, an inconvenience when trying to mass-message people

3. You cannot use headphones of your own without buying a $25 adaptor that kills the phone's esthetics.

4. Bluetooth only works for phone conversations but not for listening to music or Sync-ing to your computer, verry ****ty!

6. Limited applications for it and not many planned for the future because of Apple's desire to control what happens to the phone.....

7. Call quality is pretty bad, definitely should not be the case for a $600 phone.

9. EDGE network that AT&T has is VERY slow! One of the worst in the world! I think Apple is actually asking themselves why they made a deal with these idiots anyway.

Pros

1. It looks very good.

Well its apple so i am positive it will be fixed with software patches

/end sarcaism

I would buy one if it wasn't for the price. I always thought the point of the 2 year contract is to get a really nice phone for alot cheaper or free (thats the way it works for every other phone) but with the iPhone its more like you have to do a 2 year agreement to have the "privilege" of paying over full price for a phone. Its a ****ing joke. I could see if Apple was selling it unlocked to people for that price but they aren't. These should be selling for well under $300. Its almost rape.

What's the best place in the US to buy it without taking a plan since I will be using it here and not in the US.

You have to buy it on a AT&T(from memory) plan, otherwise you can't use it

Cons

11. No ability to record videos using the camera.....very un-impressing for a miltimedia phone.

12. No GPS built-in.....again, for the price this should have been a no-brainer.

Pros

1. It looks very good.

Bottom line, the iPhone is a device for people that don't really expect their phone to do that much and I think that for the price, Apple could have made a much better product. Remember, it only costs Apple $250 to make the 8GB version and $200 for the 4GB version.

Uh just to point out that is not AT&Ts fault. They have 3g which is much faster than edge but Apple were the retards that decided to go with edge instead.

The reason for that is R&D. That's why this one is fail, that's why the next one won't be, because they spent a boatload on R&D for that multi-touch screen and other stuff.

Once they make up the costs, the iPhone will be worth the money.