Two most important updates for Vista

Yes both 32 and 64 bit.

... and will this enforce driver signing on 32-bit as well? I've got loads of non-signed drivers installed.

... and will this enforce driver signing on 32-bit as well? I've got loads of non-signed drivers installed.

Nope, it only nags you on x64.

Installing these beta updates has nuked my internet connection under Vista 64. I don't have the best net connection as it is now, but on Vista it doesn't even work.

i imaged my drive using vista backup im afraid but im not gonna use leaked fixes even after uninstalling it i could not rename or move my files from my partitions

both updates have worked perfectly for me, its just a shame gaming still sucks on vista, this is now the only thing stopping me form moving to vista full time

Will .inf modifications bust the digital signature too? If they do, then removing the option to easily allow unsigned drivers really sucks..

did you read the thread? It was already stated that modifying INF files does not break digital signatures because the signatures are in the DLL/EXE themselves. Right click one then go to properties the digital signatures. They are on all microsoft EXEs and most other software's files.

On another note: i installed them and seems that the copy part works great. I have a IBM Thinkpad also and it resumes faster from sleep than before. My GFs laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000) resumed much faster than mine but now mine is basically the same, instant ON.

I am experiencing some definite performance improvements on my system especially when resuming from stand by. :) My resume time is down to 3-5 sec from 10-30 sec. :D

Edited by dhan

Just for educational purposes, these patches are available for download at a popular torrent site. (To be more specific, the second torrent site that is listed in the article titled "Top US TV Pilots Leaked Online" on the front page.) A simple search of "Vista Reliability Pack" should do the trick. :)

Edited by oqwarrior

well Windows6.0-KB938979-x86 caused me to not be able create or rename folders so i uninstalled it

I have the same problem after install this hotfixes.

- Problems with Move files/folders (doesn't work)

th_mvproblem01.png th_mvproblem02.png

- Problems with Rename files/folders (doesn't work)

th_renamep01.png th_renamep02.png

:x

Just for educational purposes, these patches are available for download at a popular torrent site. (To be more specific, the second torrent site that is listed in the article titled "Top US TV Pilots Leaked Online" on the front page.) A simple search of "Vista Reliability Pack" should do the trick. :)

Thanks

Someone mentioned driver software using INI hacks... some of you don't understand what the user meant, though. Drivers from nVidia that are beta aren't signed, but they are used by making INI hacks to make them available on more graphics cards (namely laptops, where the manufacturer normally provides drivers, as nVidia's don't work on them). So the drivers aren't signed and the INIs are hacked.

Edit: Also... anyone got gaming performance stats? Before/after?

Edited by Ayepecks

I'm not having any problems with the update, major performance increases with anything related to the file system. But I can see that a number of you are having trouble, so I doubt we'll see this update when it was planned, looks like Microsoft may have a few kinks to work out.

It could be my imagination, but it seems the performance on my system has been up overall. Startup times, sleep times, and anything to the filesystem seem to have had a major performance boost.

Same here, no problems at all that some of you all are experiancing. I can rename folders all day long. Man my Vista is fast, faster than my old XP....

These updates fixed multiple issues I've had with Vista. Previously it had gotten so bad I could not move a 427kb Word file from one directory to the other.... Looks like I'll be sticking it out with Vista after all.

I would love to see some more bench marks before I think about putting Vista back on my Comp.