Two most important updates for Vista

Is it possible to uninstall these two beta updates (and not cause any issues) to make way for the official released updates in the future?

Is it possible to uninstall these two beta updates (and not cause any issues) to make way for the official released updates in the future?

Yes, you can...

post-22068-1186390240.jpg

Can someone look in Windows\System32 to see what the new build number of

Ntoskrnl.exe

Ntkrnlpa.exe

I believe there is a Kernel update with KB938979.

Edited by M118LR

If they're official why am I not getting it in Windows Update? :blink:

Edit: Link to their pages, not the download themselves?

Edit #2: You can get to their pages by searching download.microsoft.com... they literally just put them up.

Edited by Ayepecks

? You experience a long delay when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.

? A memory leak occurs when you use the Windows Energy screen saver.

? If User Account Control is disabled on the computer, you cannot install a network printer successfully. This problem occurs if the network printer is hosted by a Windows XP-based or a Windows Server 2003-based computer.

? When you write data to an AVI file by using the AVIStreamWrite function, the file header of the AVI file is corrupted.

? When you copy or move a large file, the "estimated time remaining" takes a long time to be calculated and displayed.

? After you resume the computer from hibernation, it takes a long time to display the logon screen.

? When you synchronize an offline file to a server, the offline file is corrupted.

? If you edit an image file that uses the RAW image format, data loss occurs in the image file. This problem occurs if the RAW image is from any of the following digital SLR camera models:

? Canon EOS 1D

? Canon EOS 1DS

? After you resume the computer from hibernation, the computer loses its default gateway address.

? Poor memory management performance occurs.

? The screen may go blank when you try to upgrade the video driver. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

932539 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932539/) The screen may go blank when you try to upgrade the video driver on a Windows Vista-based computer

? The computer stops responding, and you receive a "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error message. You can restart the computer only by pressing the computer's power button.

? The computer stops responding or restarts unexpectedly when you play video games or perform desktop operations.

? The Diagnostic Policy Service (DPS) stops responding when the computer is under heavy load or when very little memory is available. This problem prevents diagnostics from working.

? The screen goes blank after an external display device that is connected to the computer is turned off. For example, this problem may occur when a projector is turned off during a presentation.

? A computer that has NVIDIA G80 series graphic drivers installed stops responding.

? Visual appearance issues occur when you play graphics-intensive games.

? You experience poor playback quality when you play HD DVD disks or Blu-ray disks on a large monitor.

? Applications that load the Netcfgx.dll component exit unexpectedly.

? Windows Calendar exits unexpectedly after you create a new appointment, create a new task, and then restart the computer.

? Internet Connection Sharing stops responding after you upgrade a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP to Windows Vista and then restart the computer.

? The Printer Spooler service stops unexpectedly.

? You receive a "Stop 0x0000009F" error when you put the computer to sleep while a Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) connection is active. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

931671 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931671/) Error message when you put a Windows Vista-based computer to sleep while a PPP connection is active: "STOP 0x0000009F"

For some reason these updates seemed to decrease my performance in Half-Life 2 on my laptop. On my desktop I can't tell because I don't remember the FPS I got before installing them. Seems about the same there.

You do know that these are Beta Patches? The Final Patches are due on Patch Tue. 14 Aug.

They are official today, not patch Tuesday because this is a "Vista Performance and Reliability Pack". Not all updates come out on patch Tuesday.

first post updated

NOTE: Official patches are exactly the same as leaked patches, same CRC, same digital signatures. No reason to reinstall the if you previously installed the patches.

Edited by nekrosoft13

Do we need to uninstall or just install over the "leaked" ones?

NOTE: Official patches are exactly the same as leaked patches, same CRC, same digital signatures. No reason to reinstall the if you previously installed the patches.