Half-Life 1 with 360 Controller?

I have an Xbox 360 that I mostly game on and only ever really play Worms 2 on my PC, but recently I've noticed a guy on our local market games stall has Half-Life 1 for the PC second hand for ?3, I used to have it ages ago and liked it but got stuck (I was only young).

If I were to buy this would it work with an Xbox 360 controller plugged into my PC via USB, would I be able to configure which buttons and thumbsticks did what etc?

Also my monitor is at 1280 x 1024, will half-life 1 work t this resolution, what will I need to put the settings of the game at to achieve the best display?

Thank You very Much for any help in Advance

Richard

xxx

HL1 works perfectly at the res, i know as ive got it on my steam account, not 100% about ther controller though, u might wanna ask on the steam forums

Playing HL1 on pc with a joypad is a really baaaad idea. The game was designed to be played with a mouse and keyboard. You'll have a hell of a time if you try to play it with the 360 controller.

Thanks for the replies guys, whats the steam forums?

And I'm kinda used to using a controller, havn't used a keyboard for gaming for yeeeeears!

Thanks

Rich

xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, you can use the controller with Half-Life 1. In fact, you can use it with any game. But: PC games are designed around a keyboard and mouse, in some games playing with a controller could be difficult (especially in multiplayer).

You might want to borrow a controller first and see if you do like it, to use the controller with any game use XPadder (www.xpadder.com).

I know the 360 controller actually works beautifully with Half-Life 2. Not as good as keyboard and mouse, but it's good.

As for Half-Life 1, not sure... the Source version should, I'd think.