Microsoft has released reliability and performance updates for Windows

im having the "this update does not apply to your system" problem. i didn't install the leaked updates so i don't know why im getting this. all i can found was that if you have the leaked ones this error will come up but i didnt install those leaked updates.

im running vista ultimate spanish 32-bit.

any help?

thanks.

Like Most MS updates it is probably for english systems when first released. A localized version for your language will come soon I'm sure.

I can't change the name of any folder!!

Go to vLite site and try KB938979 fix on that page. There is one for 32 bit and 63 bit.

Hopefully this helps.

Atle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I cannot install update KB938979 through windows update or after downloading it from Microsoft's

site. It starts to install, goes all the way to 100% then it says that it has to restart the computer. After a restart, it says update failed. I have done this about 10 times now, both in safe mode and normal mode. Every previous update has installed without any problems. I thought it might be because of some service that I disabled, but I turned all services to automatic and it still won't install. Any ideas what I could try to get it to install? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I have vista ultimate 32 bit.

Thanks for your time.