[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Wow, I remember that from back in the day! I watched that on PBS (like all the old DW) one night at like 3 am and was all wibbly wobbly :D

True. Same with Martha Jones and how she "died" in Doomsday but they explained it away that it was her cousin who was in that episode (a twin cousin??? lol). Yuppppp.

No -- remember other realities-- you know other timelines-- as long as the Dr. Gets someone back in their proper timestream everything works out...

You know kind of like he meets himself.....

He could go and get the girl in red before she crashed -- travel with her -- then drop her off moments after she "left" .... You know...

Timeywimey Wibble Wobblie

Wasn't particularly a fan of the Sularian episodes last season, and given this episode was written by the same guy... well, it was fun, but some of those lines made me cringe. Not the type of lines the writers usually go for... :p A bit out of character for the Doctor too there at the end, though I must say the CGI was surprisingly good for a Who episode.

Loved it, good fun although I'm not sure how they'll get away with some of the more innuendo-ish lines without complaint from the Mary Whitehouse brigade.

Is it me or didn't the Mitchell and Webb robots look like the aliens in The Fifth Element? :)

They should have put feathers on the raptors, in accordance with current fossil evidence.

If they would do that they should also have changed the script as pterodactyls do not exist. They are pterosaurs.

If they would do that they should also have changed the script as pterodactyls do not exist. They are pterosaurs.

I'm not talking about pterodactyls though, current fossil evidence suggests velociraptors had feathers also, just like a flightless bird.

I'm not talking about pterodactyls though, current fossil evidence suggests velociraptors had feathers also, just like a flightless bird.

I understand that completely, I was stating that if they are going to change that they should change the other as well.

A Town Called Mercy airs at 7.35pm on Saturday 15th September on BBC One. To whet your appetite, here are ten teasing lines of dialogue from the episode...

? "When I was a child my favourite story was about a man who lived forever."

? "We're like buses."

? "Why would he want to kill you? Unless he's met you..."

? "They could build a spaceship out of tupperware and moss."

? "He wants you to respect his life choices."

? "Oi! Don't swear!"

? "Welcome to my world."

? "Thank the Gods my people weren't relying on you to save them."

? "You see now, why I fear death?"

? "Susan!"

? "He's not following the plan."

and more

? An unseen (so far) adventure with Henry VIII is referenced.

? Religion rears its head.

? Someone is looking for the Doctor.

? The Doctor definitely crosses the line in this episode.

? They're not going to sing the song are they???

? A Madonna song is mentioned.

? The Doctor reveals a new fact about himself.

? A BBC Radio 4 show gets a namecheck.

? The Doctor shows off his language skills.

? Fans of Mork & Mindy will raise a smile.

The close up shot of the face at the end is Smith's face, but it made me do a double take because I thought it was Eccelston.

Screen%20Shot%202012-09-02%20at%207.58.31%20PM.png

where did you see this?

Dinosaurs.........on a spaceship!!!!!

Love the childlike wonder he has at times, wasn't overjoyed at the cast of characters but anything with dinosaurs in is good.

Loved the camp mitchell and webb robots.