[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I am surprised that there is yet an episode where it shows the Doctor looking through his child hood other than the one with Him and the Master looking at the Space Time Vortex.

Pretty sure the Doctor has said it's dangerous to cross your own time streams.

Pretty sure the Doctor has said it's dangerous to cross your own time streams.

If it's anywhere as bad as crossing the streams in Ghostbusters, then you definitely want to avoid it from happening!!

If it's anywhere as bad as crossing the streams in Ghostbusters, then you definitely want to avoid it from happening!!

well if you think about it-- if the TARDIS Does it joins itself..... 2011 Christmas special. The met himself... then you also have episodes like the 3 Doctors, 5 Doctors and such. Depends on what you are going to do.

I would LOVE if they had an arc of episodes basically showing the Doctor as a child or teenager on Gallifrey be interacting with his current form in some way to stop some evil something or other from destroying *insert plot point here*! Could be interesting. The Master as a child could also attend this interesting thingie.

the only one I know thru. A flashback was them starring into the arc of infinity I think it was where omega came thru

Jenna-Louise Coleman (who played Clara in The Snowmen) was interviewed by UK "newspaper" The Sun recently and spoke about the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary, the actress told the tabloid:

"... the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who will be epic ? Steven Moffat said it will be something we?ll talk about in our dotage and he?s right. So watch this space!"

The consequences could be disastrous! There are two possibilities: 1. Face-to-face with her future self, she simply passes out. 2. The encounter creates a paradox, which starts a chain reaction and unravels the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe.

• Like 1

The consequences could be disastrous! There are two possibilities: 1. Face-to-face with her future self, she simply passes out. 2. The encounter creates a paradox, which starts a chain reaction and unravels the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe.

This is heavy.

Also holy CRAP. WHY TEASE US LIKE THAT OMGZ. Tennant, Eccelston, an older Doctor or two, maybe the Master. Those would be nice returns.

Fan Made but I thought they were cool :)

aceRmDBx.jpg accmUEDc.jpg adnMAlHo.jpg abvmrkEJ.jpg adlRO94M.jpg abyCuyVa.jpg abvu0MCy.jpg abf6mLPY.jpg adyjlDZu.jpg adcVuLaZ.jpg adltCfL8.jpg abxQKYKy.jpg abc8vfYg.jpg acxc9WEx.jpg aboKfkqJ.jpg

If pictures don't lie-- looks like 4th,6th, 8th *would be nice if they are finally giving him a return appearance more than one movie, 9, 10, and 11th doctor.

Jack , Rose, Dalek , Cybermen, and the Master

The last picture -- was easy-- look at the vest and the watch.

8th-doc.jpg

well you know what is gonna suck is the fact Elizibeth sladen is now gone so it sucks cause she wont get to see the 50th aniversery episode let alone the possibilty had she lived Moffet could have wrote her in to it

9L2Z3T6.jpg

In November 2013, Big Finish will be releasing Doctor Who: The Light at the End, a very special 100-minute story to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who. Tom Baker (1974-81), Peter Davison (1982-84), Colin Baker (1984-86), Sylvester McCoy (1987-89) and Paul McGann (1996) will all reprise their roles as, respectively, the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors, whose paths suddenly intersect when they face imminent destruction.

?We wanted to do a proper, fully-fledged multi-Doctor story for this very special occasion,? says writer, director and executive producer Nicholas Briggs, ?and it?s wonderful that all the surviving Doctors threw themselves behind the project so enthusiastically. That?s not to say the first three Doctors don?t appear ? we wanted to pay homage to the whole history of the classic series.?

The Doctors will also be joined by a number of their regular companions: Louise Jameson reprises the role of the savage Leela, Sarah Sutton plays the scientist Nyssa, Nicola Bryant is American botany student Peri, Sophie Aldred is streetwise kid Ace and India Fisher returns as Edwardian adventurer Charley Pollard.

?And that?s not all,? says producer David Richardson, ?because Geoffrey Beevers is back to create mayhem as the Master, and there will be a number of appearances from some much-cherished old friends from the TV series??

Doctor Who: The Light at the End will be released in two different versions. A five-disc limited special edition comes with two hour-long documentaries, plus The Revenants, a Companion Chronicles tale which began life as a free Doctor Who Magazine download. It?s performed by William Russell, who starred in the very first TV story as Ian Chesterton. The special edition comes in beautiful special packaging, and will include a number of exclusive professionally photographed images of the cast.

The standard edition comprises two discs, featuring the two hour-long episodes of the story.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-release-announced

I am surprised no one has thought maybe the new companion is the Dr Daughter from a previous episode. Does any one remember she said she was going to look for him after he thought she die.

After the Impossible Astronaut disappointment, I don't have much faith in Moffat's so called genius. I often view brilliant possibilities on here and other forums and then get truly let down by Moffat's story telling and disregard for plot holes and continuity. Im not saying that RTD was any better, I just think it would be amazing if the Dr did not live his life through the 6pm-7pm slot on the BBC..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad there's finally a date but i wish they wouldn't split the series into two. I think 13 or 14 episodes is too few to do that with. Is that because its appealing to a more American market where that happens on a lot of shows?