[Official] Doctor Who Thread

The Bells of St John airs on March 30 on BBC One, BBC America and SPACE whilst it airs the following day in Poland and South Africa. Set in London against the backdrop of new and old iconic landmarks, The Shard and Westminster Bridge, the episode will also establish a new nemesis, the Spoonheads, who will battle the Doctor as he discovers something sinister is lurking in the Wi-Fi. Speaking about the series, current showrunner Steven Moffat said:

"We're running round the rings of an alien world and then a haunted house. There's new Cybermen, new Ice Warriors and a never before attempted journey to the centre of the TARDIS. And in the finale, the Doctor's greatest secret will at last be revealed. If this wasn't already our most exciting year it would be anyway."

pjxfqtqu.jpg

pjeum7xi.jpg

I think the first two doctors were a little under rated. Patrick Troughton was fun to watch...

I thought so too. Actually Matt Smith reminds me sometimes of Troughton. At other times, of Pertwee.

The latest promotional pictures from the BBC have revealed the new 2013 version of the returning classic Doctor Who "aliens", The Ice Warriors. The Ice Warriors will appear in the third episode of Series 7 Part 2 which stars David Warner (Tron, Doctor Who: Dreamland) and Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones) and is written by Mark Gatiss (Night Terrors, The Unquiet Dead). The series starts on March 30.

pjjs1r9d.jpg

pj2fyc7t.jpg

The Doctor's greatest secret is finally revealed eh? His secret ability to have super hot females from Earth with him almost all the time? Or maybe his ability to make his hair look really bad this current regeneration cycle? (Spray or mousse?) Maybe they will finally reveal who the Doctor's really related to at the BBC!

Are they really going to reveal his name? No matter what name it will wind up being, it'll let someone, somewhere down don't you think? Just name him Bob and get it done Moffat.

pp2xzp8u.png

Actor John Barrowman has confirmed that he is in possible negotiations to be involved in Doctor Who's 50th anniversary this year

The actor who played Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and Torchwood was thought not to be involved after repeatedly saying he hoped to return (as well as recently commenting that he'd be disappointed to miss the anniversary) but had never approached by 'Who' staff.

However he today (March 1st) the actor revealed on programme 'This Morning' that he has been contacted about the momentous event.

Are the daleks coming back this season? Sweet, I miss those lil guys and admire their determination.

Mofatt doesn't seem to be a big Dalek fan.

WTF?

Jon Pertwee was one of the Doctors in the series (the third), Peter Cushing was the Doctor in both movies (I don't count the 1996 "movie" as a movie, cos it was awful)

Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1965)

Dr. Who and the Daleks (1966)

"..the first episode of the very first serial, was transmitted at 5.15 pm on 23 November 1963"

So William Hartnell was, indeed, the first Doctor, pre-dating both movies.

Yea, I found my copy of Dr Who Mag from Jan 1984 with Peter Cushing on the cover and talking about him being in the movies. I got Peter and Jon mixed up, been a little busy studying for some IT certs. Thanks for the update.

the rest of the season it looking like it is going to be rather good.

So....growing up I generally scoffed at Doctor Who because for some reason the older stuff just seemed really cheesy and not very interesting to me, even as a sci-fi fan. However, having found the new series on Netflix and needing something new to watch...I'm currently in season two and I have to say...I'm really enjoying it! I can't wait to be caught haha.

568d0yly

Willa Holland (from Arrow)? Anyone see the resemblance? :D

Amy who?

I'd never turn down Karen Gilligan, but I'd drop my sandwich (and I love sandwiches!) if I had the opportunity with JLC :shiftyninja: :rofl:

I think she's the cutest companion that the Doctor has had in a long time. Maybe ever.

She's cute, but Zoe Heriot is still the cutest girl to ever stow away in the TARDIS!

would is be possible for them to do a esp where they are part of another event of the doctors timeline, so like go back to a season 2 esp and play on that.

Willa Holland (from Arrow)? Anyone see the resemblance? :D

I do :)

I thought that when I first saw Arrow :p

They do look very similar.

Can't wait for this :)

Jenna-Louise Coleman has confirmed that Clara will be back in Doctor Who Series 8. She revealed the news earlier on Monday during an interview on Radio 5 Live with Richard Bacon.

Jenna also confirmed that Doctor Who will take a four-month filming break while Matt Smith goes to America to shoot the movie How to Catch a Monster. The show will resume in September (presumably beginning with the 2013 Christmas special and Series 8 following).

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/76103440.html

Jenna also confirmed that Doctor Who will take a four-month filming break while Matt Smith goes to America to shoot the movie How to Catch a Monster. The show will resume in September (presumably beginning with the 2013 Christmas special and Series 8 following).

Good news and bad news wrapped up in one. I hate it when they take those long breaks.

would is be possible for them to do a esp where they are part of another event of the doctors timeline, so like go back to a season 2 esp and play on that.

Old series season 2 or new? I'd love to see Matt in the background of a Hartnell story, desperately trying not to interfere in his timeline, but wanting to see his granddaughter for a little while. Only there's something which threatens his earlier self . . .

JUst make the episode black and white to really feel like the era.