[Official] Doctor Who Thread

DOCTOR Who bosses are lining up Matt Smith?s exit for Christmas ? when he will regenerate into the 12th Time Lord.

Insiders say the festive special will be Matt?s last outing as The Doctor, after a triumphant four years in the role.

The actor has made no bones about his ambition to crack Hollywood and has filmed new movie How To Catch A Monster with Ryan Gosling, which is released next year.

Sources say bosses already have an idea of who they want to replace him, with work on the special due to get under way later in the year.

Matt?s contract is understood to expire in November but we understand he doesn?t want it renewed.

Filming on the 50th anniversary episode, airing in November, will begin next month.

Matt refused to commit to a Doctor Who future beyond Christmas when interviewed on Jonathan Ross?s show last week.

He said: ?I am very happy doing it. I do the anniversary special, then the Christmas special. At the moment it?s 2013 and we will see what 2014 holds.? An insider said: ?Matt has told bosses he wants to bow out at Christmas.?

Matt was little known when he signed up for the role in 2009, bagging a ?200,000-a-year deal. It?s thought he now earns ?1million a year ? the same as previous Time Lord David Tennant when he left.

Last night, the BBC said in a statement: ?Sorry folks but even we don?t know what?s going to happen at Christmas. It?s not been written yet! But Matt loves the show and is to start filming the unmissable 50th anniversary, and the new series starting on Easter Saturday.?

Below, TV Biz takes a look at who?s in the running to be the new Doctor.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4854006/matt-smith-set-to-leave-doctor-who-at-christmas.html#ixzz2OERppUbz

just saw the prequel episode pop into my youtube queue this morning and gave it a watch it was rather nice to see.

Yeah but Rappy, then that means the Doctor is literally the creepy uncle you don't want your kids around...

Creepy.

Yeah I am not sure why he does it though, Amelia now Oswin...

I've never watched Doctor Who. Because it has been running so long I have no idea where to start watching. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Should I just start watching the latest series? Start at the beginning?

I've never watched Doctor Who. Because it has been running so long I have no idea where to start watching. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Should I just start watching the latest series? Start at the beginning?

Just start where it relaunched in 2005 with the 9th doctor (Christopher Eccleston). That's what I and a lot of others did. You do not need to start with the version from the '60s.

I've never watched Doctor Who. Because it has been running so long I have no idea

where to start watching. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Should I just

start watching the latest series? Start at the beginning?

You could start at the beginning, but that'd be a hell of a lot of episodes to get through. Quite a lot of gaps in some of the early

seasons, since the BBC had a policy of wiping tapes of shows, because videotape was very expensive, so they had to be reused.

That, and the fact the concept of repeating shows in case anyone had missed them hadn't even been thought of back then.

This has meant that many stories have missing episodes, some of which are very likely lost forever.

I'd recommend getting acquainted with "NuWho" first ... that is from the first of the revived series in 2005 onwards, and work your

way through the comparatively fast paced adventures of the 9th, 10th and 11th Doctors all the way up to the newest episodes.

I say "comparatively fast paced", since a lot of the "classic era" is quite slow paced compared with the "NuWho" era

Once you've worked your way through 2005-2013, and you've caught up with the 11th Doctor and Clara, you might want to start

with the serials from the "classic era". Start with the 1st Doctor, and work your way up to the 8th Doctor of the 1996 TV movie.

The "classic era" ran from 1963-1989 on BBC1, then the aformentioned 1996 TV movie, and that was pretty much it until 2005.

There was an 30th anniversary mini-episode in 1993 called "Dimenisons In Time" ... the less said about, that the better!

If we are talking about 2005s rerun, then you can start at 9th, 10th and 11th introductions: S1E1 - Rose, S2E0 - The Christmas Invasion or S5E1 - The Eleventh Hour

just saw the prequel episode pop into my youtube queue this morning and gave it a watch it was rather nice to see.

I thought so too. I enjoyed it very much.

Just start where it relaunched in 2005 with the 9th doctor (Christopher Eccleston). That's what I and a lot of others did. You do not need to start with the version from the '60s.

You could start at the beginning, but that'd be a hell of a lot of episodes to get through. Quite a lot of gaps in some of the early

seasons, since the BBC had a policy of wiping tapes of shows, because videotape was very expensive, so they had to be reused.

That, and the fact the concept of repeating shows in case anyone had missed them hadn't even been thought of back then.

This has meant that many stories have missing episodes, some of which are very likely lost forever.

I'd recommend getting acquainted with "NuWho" first ... that is from the first of the revived series in 2005 onwards, and work your

way through the comparatively fast paced adventures of the 9th, 10th and 11th Doctors all the way up to the newest episodes.

I say "comparatively fast paced", since a lot of the "classic era" is quite slow paced compared with the "NuWho" era

Once you've worked your way through 2005-2013, and you've caught up with the 11th Doctor and Clara, you might want to start

with the serials from the "classic era". Start with the 1st Doctor, and work your way up to the 8th Doctor of the 1996 TV movie.

The "classic era" ran from 1963-1989 on BBC1, then the aformentioned 1996 TV movie, and that was pretty much it until 2005.

There was an 30th anniversary mini-episode in 1993 called "Dimenisons In Time" ... the less said about, that the better!

I appreciate the responses :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxaka4HyP4Q

Amazon.com and the US iTunes store have listed a new extra for Doctor Who, Season 7 Part 2. Titled, Demon's Run: Two Days Later it has a running time of three minutes and has the following synopisis:

In the aftermath of the battle of Demons Run, a battle-scarred Strax lies dying on the floor - or has he just fainted...

BlptR.jpg

4H9K7.jpg

nsCwT.jpg