[Official] Doctor Who Thread

v0Hrn.jpg

'Doctor Who' 50th special to feature classic monsters the Zygons

Doctor Who's classic monsters the Zygons are to appear in the 50th anniversary episode.

The shape-shifting race debuted in 1975's 'Terror of the Zygons' opposite Tom Baker's Fourth Doctor and will return in November's celebratory special.

The 3D special - expected to run 90 minutes - will star Matt Smith and David Tennant as the Eleventh and Tenth Doctors, plus companion actresses Jenna-Louise Coleman (Clara) and Billie Piper (Rose).

John Hurt (Alien) and Joanna Page (Gavin & Stacey) will also feature in the one-off, directed by Who veteran Nick Hurran.

Hmmm I can almost smell that the Doctor and Rose we'll get are the ones from the other universe. Just seems like the logical way to do it.

I thought that the Rose in the other universe was our Rose and that Doctor was the meta-crisis clone?

jr7an.jpg

Sylvester McCoy has claimed that he will not appear in Doctor Who's 50th anniversary episode.

The BBC has confirmed that the special instalment will feature appearances by David Tennant and Billie Piper, in addition to returns by classic shape-shifting monsters the Zygons.

During a recent interview with Den of Geek, McCoy was asked directly if fans should expect his Seventh Doctor to appear in the anniversary special with Tennant and Matt Smith.

"No," McCoy emphatically answered to the website.

He went on to say: "Somebody mentioned something that the BBC is running on the weekend when it goes out.

"Big Finish have done us proud [with an audio special], they're coming out with something really exciting. The BBC, we've heard nothing though."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a470071/doctor-who-sylvester-mccoy-im-not-involved-in-50th-anniversary.html

Hmmm I can almost smell that the Doctor and Rose we'll get are the ones from the other universe. Just seems like the logical way to do it.

I would have thought we would get an early days David Tennant and Rose.

M17K.jpg

Christopher Eccleston will not be returning for the 50th Anniversary special, according to Digital Spy

Eccleston was apparently approached about coming back as the Ninth Doctor but decided not take part in the end.

They cite a BBC source as saying: ?Chris met with Steven Moffat a couple of times to talk about Steven?s plans for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode.?

?After careful thought, Chris decided not to be in the episode. He wishes the team all the best.?

Eccleston was always going to be the most difficult Doctor to get back, so the news comes as little surprise. Still, it?s a huge shame things couldn?t be worked out. Unless this is another ruse?

I'm not really that surprised by Ecclestons lack of interest.

In his whole career i can't (off the top of head mind you) think of a single time when he has gone back to a previous part he played.

I wish Chris had come back but Im not surprised he declined. In my opinion, it was always more about Chris than the show and that may have been down to the way he felt he was treated during his time. David had always loved the show and the timeline, to me, he is the most important Doctor that needed to come back because he loved the saga and was still within the right age range.

If I could choose two Doctors to interact within the realities of real age etc then it would be Matt and David.