- Changed: Increased max brush size to 500, as per forum members request
- Fixed: Some layout issues with the Save Configuration dialog and the DDS configuration control
- Fixed: In some cases, undoing an action that removed a layer would result in the un-removed layer not showing up until you resized the Layers window ("ghost layers")
- Fixed: Pressing F1 from the main window would launch the online help in two browser tabs
- Fixed: Adding a new layer now adds it above the currently active layer instead of at the very top of the layer list
- Fixed: Merge Down now activates the merged layer instead of the one above it
- Fixed: Put the 'x' close button back in the Layer Properties window (managed to fix the bug w/o necessitating removal of the 'x')
- Fixed: In Vista, clicking on a URL link from the installer will no longer launch the web browser with inherited, elevated privileges
- New: Soften Portrait effect, by David Issel
- New: Ink Sketch effect, by David Issel
- New: DirectDraw Surface (DDS) file format support, by Dean Ashton. Improved from the original source code by optimizing the DXT compression library ("Squish") to take advantage of multiple cores or processors.
- Improved: Visual fit-and-finish for the Layers window.
- Improved: Visual fit-and-finish for the close / ‘X’ button on image thumbnails. Changed: The keyboard shortcut key for the Color Picker is now ‘k’. This makes it so that the toolbar option, “After click: Switch to previous tool”, is not useless for those using the keyboard shortcuFixed:b>Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+[ no longer cancels out of drawing a line/curve, but instead decreases the brush size by 5 as expecteFixed:b>Fixed: Ctrl+clicking on the brush size +/- buttons now changes the brush size in increments ofFixed:b>Fixed: Save Configuration dialog would “creep downward” from its last position every time it was openedFixed:li>Fixed: TGA codec now saves the # of alpha bits to the image descriptor byte. This was causing some other applications to load TGA files saved with Paint.NET as solid black iFixed:li>Fixed: Clicking the ‘X’ to close the Layer Properties dialog was not reverting changes made to the layer while the dialoFixed:li>
- Fixed: Installation will not proceed unless Paint.NET is closed, and will also not allow Paint.NET to be opened until installation is completed. This helps to ensure a fully coherent and complete installation Fixed:li>
- Fixed: In Vista, it was possible to crash the Save As dialog by typing a filename that wasFixed:li>
- Fixed: In Vista, it was possible to crash the updater if you let the UAC prompFixed:li>
- Fixed: It was possible to crash Paint.NET on some systems by clicking on a tool in the Tools window while the “Save As” dialog was open.