8 meat patties + 9 slices of cheese

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 sawdustfarmer

sawdustfarmer

Neowinian

• 78 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:00

this story kinda annoys me, this has made it onto the 6:00 news in australia, and they've had expert opinions on a burger some kid would have ordered for a joke then uploaded the video to youtube, everyone knows if you ordered something that big its not good for you

the news here seems to search youtube for new stories everynight

this burger is not on the menu at all and the staff arn't told by the manager (if someone asks for a supersized quater pounder then its 8 paddies), its just a custom order the've just asked for a "2 pounder" which is 8 paddies

here is a video of a friend of a friend, i can count at least 10 paddies (looks like there are 2 more hidden)
http://vids.myspace....;VideoID=983267

what im ranting about really is just how the news here is searching youtube for stories and its lame, if its news on the internet thats fine, but 6:00 news with experts called in to make there opinion, and they probably questioned macdonalds over it

#17 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 10,111 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:12

Attempting to control what customers can request at restaurants seems like a futile and inappropriate thing to impose. What's next, requirements that supermarkets sell only healthy foods to people who look obese? If people choose, deliberately, to order something which isn't on the menu, they should be allowed to do so.

#18 OP vetJames7

James7

Fixed tentatively

• 7,395 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:17

I thought it was funny, but not the sort of thing I'd want to try.

I think people just do these things in the hopes of getting themselves featured in NFN. ;)

#19 acnpt

acnpt

Neowinian Senior

• 5,843 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:34

Attempting to control what customers can request at restaurants seems like a futile and inappropriate thing to impose. What's next, requirements that supermarkets sell only healthy foods to people who look obese? If people choose, deliberately, to order something which isn't on the menu, they should be allowed to do so.

Mc Donalds should have some social responsibility and decide themselves not to serve a product which according to the article is three days worth of the daily amount of fat for a grown man.

Its kind of ironic seeing how Mc Donalds and co are trying to present themselves as healthy places to eat. Also im not anti-mcdonalds, as I do buy food from there often.

#20 Alpha Drone

Alpha Drone

Inmate Psychologist

• 412 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:42

Mc Donalds should have some social responsibility and decide themselves not to serve a product which according to the article is three days worth of the daily amount of fat for a grown man.

Its kind of ironic seeing how Mc Donalds and co are trying to present themselves as healthy places to eat. Also im not anti-mcdonalds, as I do buy food from there often.

But what about the responsibility of the individual? When are we going to stop blaming the government and large corporations when we don't have to order the damn burger in the first place? There are other places to eat and other, more healthy items on McDonalds menu.

People should be allowed to order this if they want, but accept the responsibility of their actions. Sadly, too many people in this world are willing to sacrifice OUR options for the benefit of stupid people.

#21 funkymunky

funkymunky

Neowinian Senior

• 2,699 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:52

But what about the responsibility of the individual? When are we going to stop blaming the government and large corporations when we don't have to order the damn burger in the first place? There are other places to eat and other, more healthy items on McDonalds menu.

People should be allowed to order this if they want, but accept the responsibility of their actions. Sadly, too many people in this world are willing to sacrifice OUR options for the benefit of stupid people.

Yeah but in the long wrong you'll have to pay for the stupidity of people who'll eat this all the time. For us in the UK taxes will go up to cover obesity related illnesses over in America your health insurance will increase

#22 Abhishek kapoor

Abhishek kapoor

Neowinian Senior

• 4,048 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:56

after eating that everybody will be admitted to haspital

#23 Ajapi

Ajapi

Neowinian Senior

• 3,436 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:58

It is hilarious when people slam companies for offering such meals. If they offer it, it is because some people out there are actually buying it, and I see nothing wrong with it. If you're feeling indulgent and want to have an unhealthy meal, do as you please...why should I care what other people are eating? Perhaps my perspective is skewed...

#24 vetNicholas-c

Nicholas-c

Apeture Scientist #74395

• 13,654 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:01

hey why not, if your hungry... do it, i certainly dont care about calories and all that :p

#25 Alpha Drone

Alpha Drone

Inmate Psychologist

• 412 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:16

Yeah but in the long wrong you'll have to pay for the stupidity of people who'll eat this all the time. For us in the UK taxes will go up to cover obesity related illnesses over in America your health insurance will increase

I completely understand your point... but.... I would GLADLY pay higher health insurance premiums if it meant that the government (and businesses) would stop regulating my options. I'm a grown adult- I think I can make my own decisions.

Most likely, I would never order such a burger- but it's not McDonalds fault for offering it. The product wouldn't exist if there wasn't some demand for it.

#26 Allan®

Allan®

Still Unbanned

• 6,518 posts
  • Location: U[universe]:\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\North America\Canada\Ontario\Toronto.city
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 15 August 2007 - 14:36

YouTube video even to me - who LOVES a QP - this looks gross.

#27 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,550 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 14:37

Sounds disgusting -- I like my fat & cholesterol in small doses. :yes:

#28 t_r_nelson

t_r_nelson

Neowinian Senior

• 2,112 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 14:52

And what's to stop these kids from going out and just buying 8 burgers and putting them together on their own. McDonalds is not to blame for stupidity.

And these are young kids. They do stupid things. I know I did.

#29 hymneforthedead

hymneforthedead

Neowinian

• 100 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 14:58

YES! NOW THATS A BURGER! :D

I'll just go out once every three months and get one of thoes. ROFL.

#30 Toology

Toology

The Collective Unconscious

• 3,373 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 20:12

Why don't they up the ante by just ordering an entire side of beef along with a few gallons of cheese? Now that's a heart attack.

Only in Aussieland. ;)