PC Bioshock Specs annouced

min of 8600 for Dx10? that is a joke, 8600GTS (the highest 8600) chokes running basic Dx10 demos and can't even handle Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions Dx10 demo in a window...a more realistic min would be a 8800GTS absolute min. However, the 8600 series cards should handle Bioshock fine in Dx9 mode though :)

Really? My friend ran World In Conflict in DX10 with an 8600GT. Can you explain to me how he did that without a windowed mode? Lost Planet, I assume got a crappy port to DX10 like Company of Heroes, instead of being developed on it like Crysis or World In Conflict.

I'm kinda ****ed off. I just purchased a 8600 a few months ago. If its at the bottom of the spec board already, I'm done upgrading. Looks like I'm switching to consules after this PC gets old.

Do you think my current spec would make this baby fly.... How many C90 tapes would i need :)

Do you think my current spec would make this baby fly.... How many C90 tapes would i need :)

Put it this way - I don't even know how you're running the Internet on that thing (I know its a joke but still).

I just hope I get decent settings with Bioshock (because of the issues people have been having with DX10 titles with the new ATI cards). :cry:
What DX10 titles would those be? There isn't a single title out there that was probably developed using DX10.

You must mean those DX9 games with "DX10 features." Lost Planet and Halo 2 don't count...at all, same with company of heros with that lame patch.

post-17647-1187282151_thumb.png

I was amazed the system scored this high, then I realized my computer doesn't suck any more, it's actually good (I used to own a 900Mhz Celeron, for some reason I keep forgetting I now have a C2D).

I'll be upgrading the memory soon too, getting faster ram, and more of it, GFX card is staying for a while though.

I was amazed the system scored this high, then I realized my computer doesn't suck any more, it's actually good (I used to own a 900Mhz Celeron, for some reason I keep forgetting I now have a C2D).

your just above me dude!! i thought i would be the only one with a sucky system LOL

your just above me dude!! i thought i would be the only one with a sucky system LOL

I wouldn't call it "sucky", But i also don't expect to be able to play brand new games on a oldish system (it's coming up to about a year i think)

yea to be honest i thought that as well, im still running an AMD Sempron 3000+ but i have got it overclocked a wee bit LOL

What DX10 titles would those be? There isn't a single title out there that was probably developed using DX10.

You must mean those DX9 games with "DX10 features." Lost Planet and Halo 2 don't count...at all, same with company of heros with that lame patch.

Yeah, that's what I meant - the "DX10 feature" games. Is Bioshock pure DX10? Or is it still a DX9 game with DX10 features?

If it can run on XP, it's DX9

Even if it's Vista only, it still might be DX9.

Doh, that is true, I can't believe I missed that. It will be interesting to see what performance is like, then. I was just reading something from one of the developers from this game and here's what they said about the PC version:

How does the DX10 version compare to the 360 graphics? And DX9?

The 360 and DX9 graphics are roughly equivalent. The DX10 graphics add a few additional features and image quality enhancements on top of this.

Source: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/pcblowout.html

well i guess we will all see what the actual game will be like when the demo is realsed as it sounds like they are taking their time to make sure it works unlike TDU for the PC