Playing MP3 On Linux

I've got everything setup using Knoppix, what I want to try and do now is make a disk that will autorun and play mp3s.....

I don't exactly know how, maybe the media player on the disk, maybe some type of autorun.inf + autorun.bat.... I'm not exactly sure but the idea is that you'd put in the disk and it would play without any user interaction, that way all the user has to do if they wish is press some keys on the keyboard to change tracks.... I'm trying it this way because the system won't have a monitor.....It's supossed to be an mp3 player, made out of an old Pentium 225 with two cdrom drives and no hard drive....

TIA for any help or ideas...

Very good question. I know I can do this with Windows XP, but I'm curious to know how to do this in Mandrake-Linux 9.0, but I don't think you can do autoruns in Linux.

Well for this job Linux is out the door.....I still love Knoppix but for this job I was thinking too big.... DOS is really getting the job done for me on this one....

It's working out nicely....

Thanks again for the suggestions...

There's plenty of mp3 player programs for linux, but it's beyond my imagination how to get it to autorun or how to get it working without a monitor and how to change when you put in a new CD without a monitor unless it autodetects something. Knoppix is not for this job, you could do it on a distro on the HD, but I doubt that Knoppix is customizable enough to do this since you can't write anything to the CD drive and it's just for looking and messing with linux before you make the leap.