Sept 5th - Apple's Beat Goes On Event

Yep, new iPods will be presented on September 5th. Since my car deck has an aux input I could connect my iPod and an iPod car charger to the iPod, and never run out of battery right?

Ha! It's a fool proof plan! :D

Hehe, i'd like to see iTunes renamed to iMedia. After all, it does more then tunes now

Not going to happen. Apple understands the power of a well known brand name. Why do you think iMovie 08 stuck with the iMovie name when it clearly was a different product. Also continuing to use the i prefix is another example.

I highly doubt there will be a MacBook update. It was only months ago that a hardware update was rolled out, so to roll out a full update would be unwise.

Instead its pretty much a dead cert that the event will be taken up by iPod and iTunes updates. And nothing else. Macworld 08 would be the more likely time for Notebook news, i.e. Macbook and Macbook Pro full updates (hopefully HD-DVD/Blu-ray support, new designs etc)

Looking forward to this... My 1G Nano has been through the washing machine, bumped around almost every day and still works... but it's battery is starting to hold less charge. Time for a replacement methinks.

Looking forward to this... My 1G Nano has been through the washing machine, bumped around almost every day and still works... but it's battery is starting to hold less charge. Time for a replacement methinks.

wow. how's that for durability. hehe.

i can't wait for the (hopeful) announcement!!

And Gizmodo caught this: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/final-stab/new-...k+up-295885.php

Might be a mockup. If so, it is the first decent mockup that actually makes the fat nano look nice. Incase Apple legal comes knocking on Gizmodo's door:

nanomocka1e54.jpg

See? This is why rumors are bad. Everyone was talking about how ugly a supposed "fat nano" is, but, even though that's likely a mockup, once you actually see a "real-world" picture, it looks nice. Not to mention this is Apple, a company that more or less obsesses over aesthetics. While the description sounded bad, the final product will look nice.

Hmmm.... If this is the new nano, fine. But why does it have different screen proportions than the iPod touch? I think the touch is 16:9 or 16:10, why would this one be 4:3?

I know you're not really going to watch high definition on your nano, but still... different screen proportions is not something Apple would like I believe.

I so want a touch screen iPod, but I can't afford it. Unless it was like $250

Current iPods are around ?280,- I can't see them becoming a lot more expensive than that.

I wonder with the nano supposedly getting so small (and the flash memory prices getting lower) if Apple would consider killing the iPod shuffle.

Once you get above 1GB worth of songs, it becomes more unrealistic to just use the shuffle feature.

Either that or the Shuffle will be even lower in price. Like say $49.

I think the IPOD that looks like the iPhone with a full face touch screen and WiFi. that would be sweet.

Obviously you won't make calls. lol

man I hope they bring out the 17" macbook pro's with LED's at least.

interesting! i cannot wait to see what they have come up with. i would think that the nano would be a full-screen as well? that would be dope.

The supposed 3G nano (albeit it's a mock-up), is this...

post-119000-1188866462.jpg

So, it would appear that the 6G iPod will essentially be the iPhone, but without the phone, the 3G nano will become a flash-based take on the 5G iPod (with a new OS, video playback, and still much less space) and the 2G shuffle will more or less remain the same.

I'd really like a Newton version of the iPhone I dont need the calling capability for 2 years anyway and I could really use a PDA.

V: Remember, Remember the 5th of September. :laugh:

i just dont see why they would leave the nano behind. at least make a virtual wheel instead of a physical one.

a flash based 5g ipod would be sweet but a flash based 6g one would be even sweeter!!!

i just dont see why they would leave the nano behind. at least make a virtual wheel instead of a physical one.

a flash based 5g ipod would be sweet but a flash based 6g one would be even sweeter!!!

The nano is just that... a small, music-playing device. It's not the full sized iPod, and it's not intended to be. Just like video playback was a "bonus" on the 5G iPod, consider eye candy like Cover Flow to be the same [on the 3G nano].