Lotsawater for Windows

I finally found it, dugg it up from Feb. 2001. Thanks Chris Moore, he is the author of this fine screensaver that some one from the mac crowd ripped off years later.

I assume I am the first to rediscover this since Lotsawater has come out, I have read a lot of people asking for a windows alternative and no one has mentioned this screen saver. So old windows users don't even remember having it lol, just goes to show you how much more of a fast lane windows is compared to Macs.

The program can be downloaded here http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/3df...screensaver.zip

If you would like to thank the author or send him money, since technically this is shareware (even though there is no time trial or limitations), send him emails at christopher.e.moore#@#gmail.com take out the pound signs I don't want him to get spam because of me .

I think it could be cleaned up some more to mimic Lotsawater a bit better but it is still the best one out there for windows.

post-21196-1190044579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deciever

Yea I wish I had some suggestions on how to get it to work on dual monitors. Maybe Chris can fix it if yall email him about it.

Also I don't like the blending it does, it makes it un Lotsawater like so here are my settings which make it appear more Lotsawater like.

User Texture = checked

Capture Mouse in Screensaver = doesn't matter

Use Blend = off* (changed)

Blend Value = Only matters if Blend is on (which mine is not checked)

Drop Radius = 12

Drop Depth = 12

Delay between Drops = 5

Water Decay = .95

Min E/P = 1* (changed)

Everything else is left at default.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Vista :( It just does the water effect on a solid gray screen.

If you have not gone into the screensaver settings then you need to and under the texture area set it for your Desktop or choose a file (wallpaper) to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...