Starting Red Hat 8 with GRUB (and Windows XP)

Hello all,

I'm getting some troubles after installed Red Hat Linux 8 in my computer with Windows XP Professional (dual boot). I've made a simple instalation with GRUB (at MBR), but when I start the computer, Windows is loaded automatically, without showing GRUB at anywhere. What can I do to start Linux?

I've tried creating a disk boot, but it loads text mode Linux with a login screen. :|

-- Andree

Well if you need a graphical interface from that text login prompt.. Login and type "startx". A GUI will load.

As far as grub is concerned you'll need to read up on how to install it. It's rather complicated without an explanation of why things are the way they are in grub.

As far as grub is concerned you'll need to read up on how to install it. It's rather complicated without an explanation of why things are the way they are in grub.

In the Installation, I selected GRUB as the boot loader (MBR); why is not it running? :(

You will need to use Grub to load your XP side. Check on the web for detailed instructions. I have never been able to get Linux to boot from the XP side.