Woman Sues Over Apple's iPhone Price Cut

Everyone needs to be respected

An argument which gets instantly forgotten when convenient (do you respect a burglar? Do you respect that burglar when you find out he only nicked your stuff to pay for medical treatment for his dying mother?). This makes it unsupported, and therefore wrong.

And, no, she isn't to be respected. Sueing because she can't make as much profit on something that is supposed to be an end-user purchase as she wanted deserves to be considered contempt of court and perverting the course of justice.

Everyone needs to be respected, and maybe she will open a precendent in the law and make firms stick to certian price rules, they cant play around with prices with big cuts like this one.

Hey i dont own an iphone , just giving my oppinion. There are rules protecting the consumer why cant be one more? I think everyone would be gratefull.

If Apple covers costs and have revenues selling this new price why they started with the 600$ on start?

Its playing fools of us if you ask me....

Cheers

Yeah, i can't wait for the day that companies are restricted by law from lowing the prices of their products.

That'll show those companies!

Must be the same woman who tried to buy out the whole store the day it was released. :D

That lady was in Dallas, or Plano Texas. This lady I thought is up in New York?

Edit, yup.

Dongmei Li of Queens, N.Y., claimed the company violated price discrimination laws when it slashed the price of the 8-gigabyte iPhone by a third, from $599 to $399, within two months of the gadget's June debut.

That lady was in Dallas, or Plano Texas. This lady I thought is up in New York?

Edit, yup.

I'm sure their different people, but he was just making a joke. :)

I agree that this is pretty dumb. I can understand suing for the amount of the iPhone or something. But another point here is where does it stop? If she gets $1,000,000 for this, who else is entitled to the same thing? It's stupid.

I say she should attempt to settle for a reimbursement or a free iPhone(latest and greatest or whatever). Asking for that amount of money is going to hurt her in the long run, I think.

Yeah, i can't wait for the day that companies are restricted by law from lowing the prices of their products.

That'll show those companies!

You didn?t make myself understood, or you didn?t try to understand.

What im saying is the companies make a product and theres is a marketing behind the price to adopt, they have the costs and the profits of eatch unit. If you intend to go high range price, you shouldnt be able to cut down more than 10% at eatch time for example.

If you adopt a price you must stick with it, to protect the consumer, like in this ituations. Ok early adopters of the tech know that their product will low the price in a few months but no one here say thats loyal action to cut down 30%. Its making fools out of ppl who like to pay a bit more, not 30% more in 2 months old product.

If you ask most of the early adopters of Iphone, they would have waited 2 months easily if they knew the company makes 30% cuts in such a few time.

Again, this is jsut my simple opinion, so i wont be mouth opened if she win;);)

Cheers

If you intend to go high range price, you shouldnt be able to cut down more than 10% at eatch time for example.

If you adopt a price you must stick with it, to protect the consumer, like in this ituations.

It's up to the company to set the price point. Don't like it at that price? Don't buy it at that price. This situation is different only because of a soon-after-release price drop (even Apple can look at a price of a product and go "Phew, that's a bit steep, we ought to reduce that, because we'll get more sales that way") and some got narked. Boo hoo to them. My nose bleeds in sympathy.

Perhaps you'd like to sue some ticket tout who flogged you Mariah Carey tickets at some inflated price and two days later flogged them for less.