What happened? vista is deactivated now

well I have a dual boot system winxp mce and vista homeprem., I legitly got the version of both vista and xp came with the system now when I booted into vista today it said the product key was invalid ...

but it was already shown as activated in the windows program thingy that says what you have...

WHAT GIVES!!! why is my system not activated now???? is there any "legal" thing i can do? I called microsoft and all they want to do is sell me a new product key! at full price

well I have a dual boot system winxp mce and vista homeprem., I legitly got the version of both vista and xp came with the system now when I booted into vista today it said the product key was invalid ...

but it was already shown as activated in the windows program thingy that says what you have...

WHAT GIVES!!! why is my system not activated now???? is there any "legal" thing i can do? I called microsoft and all they want to do is sell me a new product key! at full price

You can't get both with an OEM system, unless you ordered the system way back when and got the Vista express upgrade. In that case you can't dual boot those legally, and it would complain at some point.

If you have 2 seperate versions then we need to know exactly what the error message is stating, not just an approximation.

Also if you haven't ever connected it to the internet then how did you activate it?

• 1 month later...

ok its me i lost that account info long ago so i just newed my account it just said this is a pirated copy of windows and wouldnt let me use it i had the auto activate when im online and it worked and all that.. thats what pssd me off

owell i dont even use vista anymore not at all