AOL dialup on Mandrake 9.0?

I know i'm probably asking a lot, but is there any way to get on line thru AOL UK in linux? Please don't assume i'm a typical AOL Luser, i only went with them because of the unlimited connection time!

There is a way to connect to AOL using Mandrake as I found the instructions a while back when I was trying Mandrake for the first time, but I don't have the details at the mo as im at work. When I get home I will hunt out the instructions on how to do it. Have you managed to get a winmodem driver for Mandrake (assuming that you are using a modem, not Cable or DSL), if not have a look at www.linmodem.org there is a driver on there. If you have difficulty in finding it I will glady email it to you and the instructions for connectiong through AOL.

If I were you, I'd switch to your local ISP if there is any. It's really easy to set up a dial-up connection as long as your modem is not a winmodem. I tried using a winmodem in Linux once but it didn't work.

I should be OK for modem drivers, it's an Intel Ambient modem and they have some precompiled Mandrake drivers on the site, which is handy! Thanks for the link Zivan56, one day i might try it if i knew what the hell it means! No big deal tho, i was only messing about to see if i could do anything with Linux in the first place. Took me more than a week to d/l the ISO on 56K :laugh:

Thanks for all your help :)