I now present to you, an Autopatcher Replacement

lol I accidentally ran it, hopefully it didnt screw anything up :D

at worst it will just turn off automatic updates then delete your softwaredistrubution folder and then turn automatic updates back on again and redownload the updates if you didn't have the updates to extract.

If you want someone to turn it into a program then i'm up for it if thats ok?

If you want to try turning it into a program go for it, show us what you can do :)

Well you didn't, so give the author his credit. Nice work on being another garden variety jackass in Neowin.

haha LMAO, did you read any of the previous posts, maybe you shoudl then come back and edit this one

Yep.

If people could download, try and present their feedback that would be cool. I'm looking to make it more friendly, by adding a feature which will download the updates from Windows Update, compile them to a ZIP or EXE file and will do all the necessary as well.

I'm then looking to convert all the information to VB (when i learn how ;)). So it will be an executable

from vbscript to a VB app is hardly any work just get a compiler and play around you can pretty much cut and paste all your code into it and it will compile up an exe. if you want i can do it when i get some time next week.

Here's the first attempt at converting the script to vb.net

It seems to work just like the script but i haven't been able to test it thoroughly

Please Post your feedback!

I learned the file above does require .net framework just to let ya know

I am looking for a way around the .net requirement at the moment.

I will either create a bootstrap in vb6 or rewrite the program in vb6 (easier but outdated)

I am looking for a way around the .net requirement at the moment.

I will either create a bootstrap in vb6 or rewrite the program in vb6 (easier but outdated)

Great stuff mate! Any chance you can let us know how you did this? I'm really interested to start learning to do something more than just scripts.

This is just a friendly bump too keep people aware of this awesome way to update XP

I think this should be featured on the front page.

Lol. I dont think its that worthy mate.

Its a fantastic way to update windows, I use it all the time, and I wanna get the word out in a big way, front page never hurts.

Yes it is

Because autopatcher is dead, and there are a bunch of people out there that do not know about this methoid. Because they don't know about it they are wasting there time downloading all there updates on Windows update when they could use this simple methoid. Granit autopatcher auguest gets alot of the updates but this gets all those (security updates anyway) and some, plus it only takes like 8 mins compared to 20 - 40 mins

Yes it is

Because autopatcher is dead, and there are a bunch of people out there that do not know about this methoid. Because they don't know about it they are wasting there time downloading all there updates on Windows update when they could use this simple methoid. Granit autopatcher auguest gets alot of the updates but this gets all those (security updates anyway) and some, plus it only takes like 8 mins compared to 20 - 40 mins

AutoPatcher isn't dead ;) They've worked around Microsoft's gripes and are working on releasing new stable versions now :) (Check the AutoPatcher forums for more info)

Saying that, nice little utility you have here, though not useful in my context. The more choice a user has the better!

AutoPatcher isn't dead ;) They've worked around Microsoft's gripes and are working on releasing new stable versions now :) (Check the AutoPatcher forums for more info)

Saying that, nice little utility you have here, though not useful in my context. The more choice a user has the better!

Yeah, i would say this program is anything other than a real program. Its just clever, but not a real program that works as well as AP.

Looking forward to the new release mate (Y)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, i would say this program is anything other than a real program. Its just clever, but not a real program that works as well as AP.

Looking forward to the new release mate (Y)

Your Fired! :)

I am not saying Autopatcher was a bad program, but imo Autopatcher was just a collection of scripts to install the updates relevant to your system, this is just a script to do the same thing so how is this any less of a program?

I am not saying Autopatcher was a bad program, but imo Autopatcher was just a collection of scripts to install the updates relevant to your system, this is just a script to do the same thing so how is this any less of a program?

Plus if all you want is updates and IE7 my method is MUCH faster, all 88 updates (not counting IE7) install in about 6 mins compared to autopatcher which took forever

Because its just a clever script. It does what is already possible in Windows. AP had more functionality.

Its a clever idea, but no way a real program and certainly not one worthy of keep being bumpped for NO GOOD REASON...