952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

I needed help with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, i build a new computer and purchased the software to install on the system. I could not get Media Center to work at all, so i took to the internet to find a solution and came across Neowin.

After taking my newly built system to a computer shop, and them installing drivers for my TV Tuner card and charging ?40 for the privilage, i sought info from Neowin and deiscovered i needed a decent Graphics Card for Media Center to work properly, once i did this i had all of the bells and wistles and i was then a proud user of Media Center Edition 2005.

post-149938-0-80381600-1297456644.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking through Wikipedias list of the the biggest Forums, and Neowin was the only one using IP. Board.

For me, IP. Board > all Forum Software so I had to sign up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Long-time JCXP visitor here, and when that wonderful site went down I simply stopped forum-ing. I ended up reading the Front Page of Neowin for a while recently and I guess the forum itself seemed solid enough, so I bit the bullet.

If I remember it was linked to by an article by Digital Dave over on the old win98central.com

I had a prior account from 2002-ish but I didn't end up liking the name so I made a new one.

Ugh..good question.. I forgot where I knew Neowin from but to me, it's the best tech community out there. It looks great, there are plenty of threads, and admins don't just ban you like they want to show their power off :(

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Google but I really found it via StumbleUpon. I stayed because I saw the amount of forums and that you had a tech and game section!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was reading a story posted by Violetblue about how Neowin's Facebook page had been shuttered. She mentioned that it was a pretty worthy news site so I gave it a look. I'm impressed with what I've seen. Enough so, that I joined the forums. :) It was part "EFF YOU!" to Facebook and the ass-hat that created the issues there, and partly my interest in computers that drove me to check out the community.

Cheers to everyone!

:pint:

I found Neowin via Google. I was looking for a site that brings me technology news, because I wasn't satisfied with the sites I was currently visiting for these kind of news and forums. I've been visiting this site for a good while now, but only until now, I decided to become a part of the community.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that a lot of the time when I looked for information about technology, I landed on Neowin. It seemed to be an accepting and well-rounded community, so I figured I'd join in!