952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

I don't remember why I signed up, but it was back in 2004 and for some reason I assumed I forgot the password and made a new account. How can I get these account merged or the old one deleted?

I found this site way back in the the early days when someone was spamming it on a dalnet IRC channel.

No idea what you mean :whistle:

I don't remember why I signed up, but it was back in 2004 and for some reason I assumed I forgot the password and made a new account. How can I get these account merged or the old one deleted?

And Dinggus if you remember the account name and email it was associated to I can merge them, PM me.

I found Neowin via Google way back 2002 while I was searching for the news about Windows XP, then codenamed "Whistler," being leaked. :p

From then on until now, I'm hooked. Though not really active because of my work but I always turn to Neowin for the latest tech news and leaked softwares. :D

Came here from a link on another site. A very long time ago - I was running Windows 2000 for the first time and looking for tips and tricks to help transition from Win95. I did have another login name but that's long dead I think :/

• 1 month later...

If you can't remember your first or first topic, go to your profile, click Find member's posts/topics, click on last and scroll down to the bottom :)

I joined because I needed desperate help as I had succesfully deleted the administrator account on my XP box leaving only a guest account. I stuck around because Neowin was the only site to produce a solution and then I discovered the SD&A forum. It took me a while to realize that BPN is where I would grow and even longer to discover that we had a front page where I could be most useful :p

edit: damn typos

the google search that introduced neowin to me: japan+eq

i look forward to absorbing your flames and converting them to sustainable insults

If memory serves, I found this site when I was looking for news/info on when Windows Vista was under development in its earlier phase, aka Longhorn.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone had your rss feed on their page and I always found the articles really interesting so when I stopped using the site I started using Neowin directly :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for an answer to an issue, using Google, and ran across the forum. Seems that I've seen it before, but not 100% positive.

All that matters now is that I found it. Seems to be a large forum, hopefully I can find a home here.

Cat

• 2 months later...

I was on NTCompatible. I don't remember what I was looking for. I was using Windows 2000 at the time. Ended up as a lurker for a few months before I finally made an account.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see my option which would be IRC - IIRC :) I think I saw a link to Neowin pop up on some IRC channel or another related to Win XP beta...back in the day lol

Man, where has the time gone?

Edit: And yes, I lurked here for some years before deciding to take part in the madness of these forums :p

3rd acct since 2004. lurker for 3 years. formally joined under remixedcat in 12.29.10///yeah