952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

I think I found a link to it on WindowsXP.nu -> Bink.nu... Now how did I find WindowsXP.nu, That I don't remember.

I did the old posts search as the thread recommended, and take a look at this web browser shell I made in two thousand frikin four, that I had forgotten about:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=205144

I think I had the Vista team beat by like three years! I can't program like that anymore I think :-P

I found this site through Google many years ago, and have been visiting it pretty regularly since then.

As what made me register... hmm, don't really know, but I definitely should have done it a long time ago. Better late than never! :)

I found the site through the news on the front page of PC Help Forum, of which i am also a member of, and i joined up because it looked like an interesting place

zomg, banzors! :p

It is said, that this magic number is still used. There seems to be a typo-version which is still valid. :whistle:

I was searching for a very flat xp theme, found out that M? bullies, found the patcher and looked around from time to time. I assume that i will also stay a one post wonder since i hate most people and try not to communicate. What led me to this post i do not know...

AHD.

I registered waaaay back in 2006. It was a sick day for me, I was sick of the incapabilities of the GMA900 to run Aero Glass. I registered on November 1, 2006 - the day my uncle sent me a copy of Vista RC2 Business (he is an IT guy), on that day I also opened up my TechRepublic account. My first posts were about Vista and the Intel GMA900, running one of the hottest topics on Neowin, right on my first day, with 30,000+ views! After that, I wasn't too active on Neowin. I would log on once every 2 weeks at most. In August 2007, I went on sort of a "posting rage" - I really wanted to get up to 250 posts. Then, I went back to being inactive. In December 2007, I came back to Neowin, and I went from ~350 posts to 1,100 posts from December 2, 2007 to January 10, 2008. Now, I am just making an average of 15 posts per day.

I registered waaaay back in 2006. It was a sick day for me, I was sick of the incapabilities of the GMA900 to run Aero Glass. I registered on November 1, 2006 - the day my uncle sent me a copy of Vista RC2 Business (he is an IT guy), on that day I also opened up my TechRepublic account. My first posts were about Vista and the Intel GMA900, running one of the hottest topics on Neowin, right on my first day, with 30,000+ views! After that, I wasn't too active on Neowin. I would log on once every 2 weeks at most. In August 2007, I went on sort of a "posting rage" - I really wanted to get up to 250 posts. Then, I went back to being inactive. In December 2007, I came back to Neowin, and I went from ~350 posts to 1,100 posts from December 2, 2007 to January 10, 2008. Now, I am just making an average of 15 posts per day.

Spammer.

I honestly don't remember, but it was most likely from a Google search or a link from another news site.

Although I've only been a member since 2006, I've been reading the Neowin news and forums since 2001 or 2002. Come to think of it, Neowin and Slashdot are the only technology websites that I used to visit 7-6 years ago that I still visit to this day.

googling. oldest neowin bookmark i have oct 2004. i just now searched thru saved bookmarks for "neowin". noticeable portion are nlite, autopatcher, 98 patches, similar. however, i use none of those. :) Most of what i lookup I reject. of the remaining, I get round to trying very few.

I joined because it was the first place I could find help with visual styles for windows. :D And I always used to come here as a guest so I was like why not join. Hehe. Glad to be here.

I think my friend told me about it. I was here every now and then for a long time, but never really bothered to register for the forums. Glad I did :) Now I'm here every day.

I went to Las Vegas when I was 15. There were parts of town where these woman where handing out "Brochures" and I remember opening one up and in the back of it. It said neowin.net The rest was history :laugh: