Photo

How did you find Neowin?

995 replies to this topic

Poll: added 9 June 2010 (536 member(s) have cast votes)

How did you find Neowin?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#991 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,761 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 29 November 2014 - 22:22

Haven't found it yet. Still looking.

#992 Cnónna

Cnónna

Neowinian

• 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 22:32

Neowin was mentioned on a Football (Soccer) forum I frequent, can't remember by who our why but here I am.

#993 MidnightDevil

MidnightDevil

Resident Evil

• 2,186 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 22:43

I didn't. 

Neowin found me.

#994 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,066 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:26

hi all,

i found this place when i was trying to find out how to score an invite for google inbox. i have been on google's request list for weeks but have not had a nibble. i have recently redone most of my personal computer system, ditched all commercial software solutions and have finally made the step to completely go with open source solutions. you know what? life is already much better ... my email is currently the only thing that i am not happy with and i am hoping that inbox will be a useful solution for this. i have been an early google adopter for everything from chrome to glass to the nexus phones and tablets. i have written an public domain college textbook for animal behavior <http://en.wikibooks....Animal_Behavior>, i am developing open source software for computational ethology , and i do basic medical research on different neurological diseases. if anyone is willing to share an inbox invite, i will be eternally grateful. i can sweeten the deal by offering to send you a jar of our organic honey from our apiary at the Black Swamp Conservation area , with best wishes and warm greetings,

robert

Sent. Welcome to Neowin!

#995 paul0544

paul0544

Neowinian

• 131 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:06

I selected Google. Back in the Longhorn days but didn't register until much later.

#996 Hussam Al-tayeb

Hussam Al-tayeb

Neowinian

• 184 posts
  • Phone: A really long string and two plastic cups.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:28

I was looking for pictures of giant coffee mugs and then I read a news article was about some beta version of windows and it linked to neowin.

I later figured out that this was NOT a website about coffee :cry: