Official LOTRO thread

Well I gave up WoW about 3 weeks ago, so I was looking at LOTRO as a new fix - but interesting to see that interest has wained already.

Been playing it since Alpha and looking forward to the Book 11 update this Thursday.

Great game, then again I'm biased.

Go to www.Trylotro.com and grab a trial key if you want a taster, but be warned that the update on Thursday will be a hefty 1.2GB as there's more new areas opening up and a housing update, along with the new 12 man Raid and Golum's fisrt time appearance.

See you on there

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say the content update they did with book 11 definitely has resparked my interested especially with the new 12-man raid they added - plus the fact that I have the lifetime subscription so I don't have to worry about fees. Wow do I love LOTRO!

I play LoTRO sometimes, not alot but sometimes. Its a very, very good MMORPG, way way underrated by many who never gave it a shot imo. The new book 11 content, the upcoming book 12 content and the constant support and upgrades the game gets are terrific. This and EQ2 are how you run a great MMORPG :)

But there is no official thread as far as I know, it was never made at least. Why not make one? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this game was going to be the WOW killer.

After playing to level 46, I found the game to remind me of a single player game, not an online game. Sure there are kinships, but I just always felt like this felt like a single play game, not an mmo. I was really hoping that this would be the WOW killer, as my interest in WOW after 4 1/2 years is about gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Started up a hunter. After a week at level 26 and actually enjoying the game. Still no interest to go back to wow. maybe this game isn't that bad after all.

i played it for a good 3 months before i ran out of free time and had to give it up for now. I want to get back to it eventually when i build a new pc so i can play it on my bigscreen

Yeah you know I like this game when I've been paying for it since launch (as a Founder) and barely have been able to play it at all due to connection issues. :/

LOTRO rocks! I just fixed my connection so I've been going at it a considerable amount. :)

Never got much past level 20 in any MMO except City of Heroes. But LOTRO I definately will.

• 1 month later...

I just started playing this game again (had stopped around September last year because I got a bit bored playing by myself with my lvl 36 GRD.) Two of my mates have just picked it up and so we all started new chars together and are working through the game as a 3 man fellowship (1 hunter, 1 guardian and 1 lore-master) I forgot how fun this game was, and now playing with 2 of my mates on voice chat, it's about 10x more fun, I'm addicted again!

Also loving the new updates ;)

Well I gave up WoW about 3 weeks ago, so I was looking at LOTRO as a new fix - but interesting to see that interest has wained already.

dont... i tried it didn't play for more than a week.

I just started playing this game again (had stopped around September last year because I got a bit bored playing by myself with my lvl 36 GRD.) Two of my mates have just picked it up and so we all started new chars together and are working through the game as a 3 man fellowship (1 hunter, 1 guardian and 1 lore-master) I forgot how fun this game was, and now playing with 2 of my mates on voice chat, it's about 10x more fun, I'm addicted again!

Also loving the new updates ;)

What server are you guys on? And what level are you around? I'd be more than willing to start a new toon so I can play with some people again in a fellowship :D

And I really, really wanted to roll a Mistrel after this newest patch.

I still play WOW quite often, since I was never into it when it was big(er) but I have also recently picked this game up since I am a fan of LOTR. So far I would have to agree WOW is better overal, but I think I really enjoy the land and well the characters, and people I will meet eventually that I know from the movies and books. The only problem that I have with it at the moment is that I don't have anyone to play with to do quests that I need to do, WOW you can get away without playing with anyone, but this game seems like its too extreme to not have friends help.

Maybe some of you can add me as a friend on there. Add your name to this thread, that would be sweet!

Yeah, I have no one to play LoTRO with, and questing can be very hard solo-wise in that game. Sadly most of the people playing now are just higher level, at the end game, or just PvP-ing in monster play.

What server are you on bman? Maybe I'll roll a toon on your server (unless we are already on the same server, or you want to roll a toon on my server) and we can party hardy. :p

I've been playing LOTRO for far over a year now, straight. (I was in Alpha, then closed beta, up until now) I have a lifetime subscription, and enjoy the game immensely. I refuse to go back to WOW.

Gladden Server, StoneGaijin

So I take it StoneGaijin is max level then? How busy is Gladden normally?

I'd really like to get a Neowin fellowship started, we talked about it months ago but nothing ever came about.

Yea that sounds awesome, I don't even know what server I am on. I will find that out :) lol

*EDIT, how do you find out what server you are one and all that info?

Edited by bman

Bloodfyre on Landroval

Unfortunately, theres no way I'd switch servers, and I imagine many of us feel the same way, so a fellowship thing would be hard to get going.

You do have a point. I don't even know what server I am on, just what ever I was started on. How do I find out? or yet even change it if I wanted too?