Official LOTRO thread

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got the Special Edition in the mail today. Which I paid $14.99 for it because of a deal they had.

Some pretty cool extra stuff they give ya with this. Can't wait to start playing the game more now! Might post some video content later on.

So I take it StoneGaijin is max level then? How busy is Gladden normally?

I'd really like to get a Neowin fellowship started, we talked about it months ago but nothing ever came about.

Yeah I made a thread about it a while back but it flopped big time with a whole 0 replies :p

any place i can download a free trial run ? i need a game to play wow is getting stale

http://www.lotro.com/trial ;)

So after trying the trial a second time (I tried it a while back, but never got into it) I have officially dropped my WoW sub and have signed up for this. I got bored of the story and everything in WoW and I wanted something new, and it looks like LOTRO is the one for me. We'll see how long I stay, but I'm liking it a lot so far.

I'm currently a founder and have a lifetime subscription. I have been in the game since pre-beta2. I have two toons a lvl 50 LM and a 44 Hunter. If you have any questions feel free to ask I will answer them to the best of my ability. Also I'm on the Windfola server if anyone cares to join me, its a great server.

Loremaster LVL 50 Grand Master Woodworker

Hunter LVL 44 Grand Master Tailor

My Kinship's name is Easy Company

http://www.easycompanykin.com

Sweet deal, wish I had a lifetime subscription, I might be starting a new character and I might go onto that server. I need more people to play with so yea.

Is the lifetime account option still available? What will happen with the release of the first expansion? Will it cover it as well, or you're bound to purchased it aside?

Googling it, it seems that the character development is pretty much linear (you have to purchase skills but you can use them all), and there's some boosters called traits that you can customize at will, but are limited to slot space/level. Correct?

That is what I did, I enjoy it very much. To bad you didn't decide earlier, they had the Special Edition of the game for the price of the regular game, don't think it's going on anymore.

From Wikipedia:

In North America, players who pre-ordered the game were offered a special founder's offer, a lifetime subscription for $199 or reduced cost of $9.99 per month. Standard month fee is $14.99 with three, six and twelve month discounts available. European players had a similar program from Codemasters.

The special edition, which costs $10 more than the regular edition, includes a full-color manual, an item called "Glass of Aglaral", a cloak of regeneration, which is visually different from the one in the regular edition, a "Making of" DVD, soundtrack, and a free 10-day buddy key.

(~_~)

This is bull****. And since I'm at work, I can't investigate this further.

First, I signed to beta test it.

I downloaded the client during the night and installed it in the morning. I couldn't log in. So, I checked my email and the website... to find out that the test was closed.

200 dollars (or < euros) are a lot of bling for a ?400-a-month guy, and I really wonder if in 30 years the game would still be online. (Better question: would humans still be alive in 30 years?).

The special edition, which costs $10 more than the regular edition, includes a full-color manual, an item called "Glass of Aglaral", a cloak of regeneration, which is visually different from the one in the regular edition, a "Making of" DVD, soundtrack, and a free 10-day buddy key.

Yea, that is what I got, but paid normal price for it, 2 sweet!

I have had a Guild Wars account for almost 2 years now, yet I have only played 2 months worth of the game lol.

From going between WOW & LOTRO, wow for sure has more PVP in it, I have not seen many PVP battles within LOTRO, yet I am not a PVP character, I have not done much with it.

Lifetime sub is sitll available for a one-time fee of $299 for non-founders.

PvMP in LOTRO is quite fun and I fancy it quite often. It is a zone that you must be lvl 40 before you can go in to the zone to fight. On the monster side you play a creep that is lvl 50 and gain abilities by gaining ranks and completing quests, I personally have not done much on the creep side, but the freep side is a blast.

What the heck is a founder?

A founder is anyone who pre-ordered the game before it went retail, they were given special pricing and other in-game benefits. Such as you can get a free mount at lvl 25, but it's not as fast your normal mount, but still faster than walking.

I kinda want to upgrade to lifetime myself. Hmm.

Actually you still can just change it in your account status just have to pay the $299 and you are good to go.