• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 EL1TE

EL1TE

Neowinian

• 1,233 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 15:08

text by wikipedia.org

Diskeeper, often abbreviated DK, is a disk defragmenter originally for the VAX series of mainframe computers and later released for Microsoft Windows. It is the flagship product of Diskeeper Corporation, (formerly Executive Software) of Burbank, California, founded on July 22, 1981.

The defragmenter program included with the Windows 2000, 2003, XP, and Vista operating systems is based on a basic version of a previous Diskeeper version

New Diskeeper 2008 with InvisiTasking™ technology maximizes peak performance in a way never before possible by eliminating file system performance problems IN REAL TIME as they occur.

Posted Image

Diskeeper 2008 Homeb>
Automatic defragmentation designed for home computing, to keep non-networked PCs healthy and running at top speed.
Diskeeper 2008 Professionalb>
Designed for the typical office PC user, Diskeeper 2007 Professional includes advanced protection against performance problems for PCs and Laptops.
Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premierb>
Specially designed for high-end systems and power users. Get an EXTRA performance boost above and beyond anything you have ever experienced before - even better than when your system was new!
Diskeeper 2008 Serverb>
Get maximum server speed, reliability, and performance. Designed from the ground up to provide real time file system performance for your servers.
Diskeeper 2008 EnterpriseServerb>
Provides maximum file system performance for high capacity, high traffic, 24/7, enterprise level servers with disk volumes containing millions of files including NAS, RAID, and SANS.
Diskeeper 2008 Administratorb>
Provides centralized defragmentation management, alerting, and reporting tools to empower System Administrators with easy network-wide control.Downloadb> @ Diskeeper.com[/url
Homepage:
b> [url="http://www.diskeeper.com/"]Diskeeper

#2 Tantawi

Tantawi

Neowinian Senior

• 4,855 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z

Posted 24 October 2007 - 15:16

Looks nicer than PerfectDisk, I'll give it a try (Y).

#3 Blaine

Blaine

Neowinian

• 1,366 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 16:56

Very interesting, but I don't feel like they're promoting their product as good as they should. Marketing issues? The Diskeeper site barely gives any info about what is new in the 2008 version.

#4 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,759 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:00

Kinda annoying I bought Diskeeper 2007 31 days ago... they have a 30 day free upgrade policy.. and after calling them to see if they will still give the update they said no it was over 30 days.... ugh kinda annoying but what ever

Very interesting, but I don't feel like they're promoting their product as good as they should. Marketing issues? The Diskeeper site barely gives any info about what is new in the 2008 version.

There really isn't much new

#5 mipra

mipra

MILANO

• 2,965 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:02

How does perfectdisk approach the new release of DK? Anybody can tell me how DK perfom recently compared to perfectdisk 8?

#6 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

• 4,786 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:13

DK 08 made my system performance pwn lol jumped about 20% id say from there chart

#7 NateB1

NateB1

Neowinian Senior

• 1,667 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:25

One thing that is making me consider upgrading to Diskeeper 08 is its compatibility with the Shadow Copy feature in Vista - currently when the HDD is defragmented, I lose the previous versions of files.

#8 Tantawi

Tantawi

Neowinian Senior

• 4,855 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:27

How does perfectdisk approach the new release of DK? Anybody can tell me how DK perfom recently compared to perfectdisk 8?

I think I'll ditch PerfectDisk for it (Y).

#9 Hierophant

Hierophant

Neowinian

• 169 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:29

I'm doing the same. PerfectDisk out.

#10 Computer Guru

Computer Guru

Mostly Harmless...

• 2,274 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:33

I'll have to try this, because I ditched DiskKeeper for PerfectDisk back in '05.

#11 Slimy

Slimy

Ars + Neowin

• 22,355 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:34

I think I'll ditch PerfectDisk for it (Y).

I'm doing the same. PerfectDisk out.

What tests have you guys done to make the switch?

#12 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

• 25,360 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:42

Only visual tests :rofl:

Radish™

#13 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• 5,302 posts
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 24 October 2007 - 17:58

same,i am really glad dk removed the 20% free space thing that previous versions needed and needs less than pd but the offline defrag has the same as before and it seems to have made an improvement it defrags all my drives for me so i dont have to do manual defrags anymore if i dont want to and contrary to what pd says what they do about dk not defragging when the system waqs busy,i was playing a game and during it i saw no performance drop and it defragged my vm's(they were really fragmented,they always are)and performance is great.

#14 Computer Guru

Computer Guru

Mostly Harmless...

• 2,274 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 18:05

Ideally, you'd run a FS benchmark with either Sandra or HDTach. Then you'd image it and defrag with the first app, and bench it again. Then you'd restore the image, and defrag with the second and bench it again.

I won't be benching anything until I get my new machine though :)

#15 +ultimate99

ultimate99

Neowinian Senior

• 3,639 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 24 October 2007 - 18:06

I would like to know too.