Diskeeper 2008

Diskeeper has always feeled bloated to me....I don't understand why companies have to use unique names for features that have already been done before :p

mst Defrag for me, K thx

I've considered it but always opted for PerfectDisk because it work and because Diskeeper has a much steeper price point.

as can be seen in the Comparrison Chart, to get access to all the features you need the top tier version. Maybe you don't need I-Faast but considering Raxco gives you everything for the one price I don't like the idea of paying more. Even more disconcerning is they havent upgraded the maximum volume for the lower priced releases from what I can see. 768GB is not alot to have nowdays and I'm quite sure my next PC will be in the region of 1GB to 1.5GB for a single data volume. In 12 months I would say 2TB could be pushing it for many users. Simply put, the space restriction would force me to buy the top tier product.

Ahh and cos by Dec I'll have 3 pc's, I have 2 now, I'd need a 3 user license. For Diskeeper thats a smooth $249 for the premier. Thats in comparrison to Perfect Disk which sells it's three user license for $69.95 and I find 10 - 20% vouchers off all over the web and even on their website every other month. Simply put, this programs overpriced I think and the drive limitations is too limited in a day where 1TB drives are on the market.

I think defrag is so over-rated. All that (scan times, MONEY, etc) just to save a few seconds of load time on a program? I guess I could understand if you beta test, and you uninstall/install A LOT. But for the below-average and average user?

Use AusLogics Disk Defrager for christ sake or even the Vista one. Don't pay for something that's not needed.

PerfectDisk, Diskeeper among others, put things in your startup and has to many processes running; hell that's enough to slow some people down.

PerfectDisk, Diskeeper among others, put things in your startup and has to many processes running; hell that's enough to slow some people down.

Not too many :) but only one service that set there doing nothing if you didn't enable automatic defragmentation and can be safely disabled or set to manual. But I agree, no need for external defrag program if it wasn't for Vista very poor default one, unlike XP's which was sufficient.

I have installed yesterday PerfectDisk, after 5 minutes uninstalled it, why? cause it is S.L.O.W. (is anyone there?)

i'm using Windows Vista, and it tooks 4 minutes to analyse only one of my drives (the fastest), while Diskeeper only takes 14 seconds, wtf? (i can't even imagine how much time PD use for defrag.... v.v' )

Anyway, when the Diskeeper trial expires I will install Auslogics Disk Defrag, at least it's free and the best i know in the Freeware area'.

BCool

Err ... wrong topic:laugh:h:

@ Spyder - Yes, it has activation.

Radish?

It has activation?! Whe:/? :/ I got my download with a file that I think must be the key. Downloaded / installed didn't get asked to activa:$036;

I have installed yesterday PerfectDisk, after 5 minutes uninstalled it, why? cause it is S.L.O.W. (is anyone there?)

i'm using Windows Vista, and it tooks 4 minutes to analyse only one of my drives (the fastest), while Diskeeper only takes 14 seconds, wtf? (i can't even imagine how much time PD use for defrag.... v.v' )

Anyway, when the Diskeeper trial expires I will install Auslogics Disk Defrag, at least it's free and the best i know in the Freeware area'.

BCool

I tried Perfectdisk and had the same experien:/. :/ Plus, well, I don't know but Perfectdisk just doesn't look very professional - maybe that's just me. Anyway, I have always trusted Diskeeper to keep my FS organised and it's never failed me.

There is the Great Defrag Shootout but I dont know if its what you consider proper.

That blog right there is a prime example of someone, anyone on the internet can post anything and without backup of proof spout off and others blindly accept that for the truth and nothing but the truth. In reality, it was fluff and no review had any real comparisons in differences of performance or time to defrag etc..

That blog right there is a prime example of someone, anyone on the internet can post anything and without backup of proof spout off and others blindly accept that for the truth and nothing but the truth. In reality, it was fluff and no review had any real comparisons in differences of performance or time to defrag etc..

...which is exactly what's going on in this thread, and yet people are jumping right onboard without much more than reading over some marketing tripe. :laugh:

What I really want to see is a REAL filesystem for Windows - one that doesn't get defragmented :D

I'm using Reiser4 on a custom Linux kernel here and it's unbelievably fast and reliable. But if someone would only port even ReiserFS to Windows :D

Used to use Diskepper, then switched to PD. Now giving it a try again!

As good as it may turn out to be... this has got to be the most bloated defrag program I've ever seen. :blink:

• 2 months later...

check here http://www.lets-talk-computers.com/pastgue...ydate/index.htm for audio interviews including diskeeper and i like that dk kept my drive defragged all the time and it never got in the way but pd had to be scheduled and the offline defrags get annoying as i have to stop what i am doing and do an offline defrag and perfectdisk blatenly downplays everything diskeeper does which i think is not nice,diskeeper never says anything bad towards anyone else but pd does.