Scientists make worms gay

actually, the argument was over whether it's a choice or or not. choice implies a conscious decision that you are completely aware of and could make it otherwise if you willed yourself to. the easiest way to determine whether it's a choice or not would be a simple survey. ask them. if it's a choice it's something they are aware of (by definition), and they are not made to feel like they have a reason to lie, we should get a quick answer.

i think it's fairly obvious that in the vast majority of cases, homosexuality is not a choice. but don't take my word. do a survey if you must. or see if one has already been carried out. shock me!

now to the debate over genetics vs choice. genetics (or "being born with it") isn't the only alternative to conscious choice. genes probably play a role*, but we're all influenced by our environment. some genes are turned on or off when they normally wouldn't depending on environmental conditions e.g. diet, stress. then there's psychology, how you're raised and so on.

[* i agree this is my opinion seeping through. however, you shouldn't pretend that because homosexuality not fully understood there' s no evidence for links between genetics and homosexuality! plenty of studies in this field.]

Here you go again with that shifty loaded questioning.

People who do those awful things are "defective" in their behaviors. These behaviors are a complex mix of genetic pre-disposition and environment. So, yes, their brain is "wired" to do those things and get enjoyment from it. Then you, against all reason, tack on the "it's no fault of their own". That is a separate topic, that assigning blame game you are playing. It is a matter of desire for that behavior, coupled with the inability to control those urges. How do you propose to assign blame and fault? It is ludicrous to attempt to derail a discussion with this smoke and mirrors attempt to find fault.

Let me make it simple for you ZAnwar... What food can you absolutely not stand? Think of anything possibly exotic that would make you gag, monkey brains, grilled eyeballs. Anything. Now, I want you to choose to enjoy those things and eat a big plate full of it.

See? Not a choice.

Here you go again with avoiding the points.

Why are these people "defective" and not homosexuals with their behaviour?

And about the food. I don't see why not a person can FORCE himself to eat aforementioned foods, even if he detests them. The more he forces himself to eat it, the more easy they would become for him to eat.

Everything's a choice.

Here you go again with avoiding the points.

Why are these people "defective" and not homosexuals with their behaviour?

And about the food. I don't see why not a person can FORCE himself to eat aforementioned foods, even if he detests them. The more he forces himself to eat it, the more easy they would become for him to eat.

Everything's a choice.

It's not a bout whether or not a person CAN do said action, it's about whether or not a person can ENJOY doing said action.

And I completely disagree with your (completely unfounded) statement that the more a person does something the more they are apt to enjoy it. Are you saying that if you have sex with enough men that you will learn to enjoy it?

It's not a bout whether or not a person CAN do said action, it's about whether or not a person can ENJOY doing said action.

And I completely disagree with your (completely unfounded) statement that the more a person does something the more they are apt to enjoy it. Are you saying that if you have sex with enough men that you will learn to enjoy it?

It is only if a person wants to try it, can he will accomplish such feat. I doubt you would get many people willing to try it though.

It is only if a person wants to try it, can he will accomplish such feat. I doubt you would get many people willing to try it though.

Then prove it. Take something that you can't imagine ever enjoying, then expose yourself to it over and over again. Let us know how it goes.