THIS FRIDAY! Toshiba HD DVD player $98.87!

i just want someone to tell me when they are all gone, so i can stop reading new posts that make me want to go to my very rural best buy and walmart to see if there are any left. i want so badly, but am so broke.

TV series are filmed in 16:9 format as they are mean for tv.

Movies, wich are shot for the big screen, are filmed in a different aspect, a much wider one.

That's why a lot of widescreen DVD/HD-DVD/BluRay movies still have black bars on widescreen TV's.

I have yet to be as impressed by TV series in HD, even at 720p, as I have been by movies though. TV series may be shot in HD, but they don't have he clarity and fidelity that the HD movies do. Not by a long shot.

Really cuz the HD 700 meg download of house Blew my mind way more than thhis Transformers HDDVD does

Are you watching both on the same screen? If we're talking computer monitor vs. HDTV, the computer monitor is going to have a higher pixel density and will therefore look sharper even at a close distance. Thus the quality difference you're talking about is to be expected.

Buying two or three? Psh there was a guy at ours who bought 5 of the 10 we got! I wish they would of put a limit on how many you could get... You know they are just going to resell them....

Really cuz the HD 700 meg download of house Blew my mind way more than thhis Transformers HDDVD does

never saw House in HD, but after watching almost all of S1 of heroes in HD, I was so unimpressed with their HD quality I'm just not bothering with HD for Heroes or other TV media more.

Buying two or three? Psh there was a guy at ours who bought 5 of the 10 we got! I wish they would of put a limit on how many you could get... You know they are just going to resell them....

I know... It ****ed me off when I saw the guy walking out of my local Wal-mart carrying two. If there had been no more left I would have complained as high up as I could because a) they weren't supposed to start the sale until 8:00am, and b) they were selling more than one. Oh well, at least I got one.

never saw House in HD, but after watching almost all of S1 of heroes in HD, I was so unimpressed with their HD quality I'm just not bothering with HD for Heroes or other TV media more.

Download the first episode of this season in the 700 HD and skip the part where they go in her room to look for something, the colors in that room are just OMG, and yes that week I downloaded Heroes, House, and Boston Legal, and Heroes was by far the most BLAH! quality wise

Thats nothing to do with HD, its the fact that TV stations are broadcasting it with reduced bitrates because they dont have the bandwidth.

If you are comparing a heavily compressed hdrip tv show against the transformers HD DVD then you need new glasses, Transformers is easily the best HD transfer of a movie yet.

Thats nothing to do with HD, its the fact that TV stations are broadcasting it with reduced bitrates because they dont have the bandwidth.

If you are comparing a heavily compressed hdrip tv show against the transformers HD DVD then you need new glasses, Transformers is easily the best HD transfer of a movie yet.

I have glasses actually, and its a 720p 42 inch olivia TV, I mean the picture looks good, but nothing that makes me wet myself

How do you know about this BestBuy sale? BestBuy.com still lists 299.00

Reg. Price: $299.99

On Sale Now:

See price in cart

Price in cart: $199

With the A3 from Best Buy you can get 9 hd-dvds for free.

You get 300 and The Bourne Identity in the box, you get to pick 2 free with purchase, and you get the 5 from the mail-in.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?ty...cat133500050008

hmm... almost makes me wonder if i should return my a2 and pick up the a3 for the extra $100 to get the dvds....

I went to THREE Walmarts... missed it at EACH ONE barely. The first only had one for some reason, and it was 7:30 or so and they went ahead and sold it to the guy who had it... so I drove to another one and saw people getting the last ones at 8:10 or so... then drove to a third one and the guy said they sold out quick.

I think I'm going to try one more and call it a day.

I tried 3 more Walmarts... nothing :(

Ouch. How much gas did you burn?

Not a ton... they were all within 30 miles or less of where I live. 6 Walmarts in total... the first one I went to only had one, the next one I was just barely late (literally), and the third one (closest to me) sold out really quick, according to the guy there. What ****es me off is I went to the third one yesterday to see if they'd have them, and they told me no. Little did I know they hid them for the sale.

A-Holes.

With the A3 from Best Buy you can get 9 hd-dvds for free.

You get 300 and The Bourne Identity in the box, you get to pick 2 free with purchase, and you get the 5 from the mail-in.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?ty...cat133500050008

yeah...I just went to Best Buy and bought the A3.

I got 300 and Bourne Identity free in the box. And I got Transformers and Hot Fuzz for free. I have to pick the 5 mail in ones now...

Definately a better deal overall than the $99 player.

Just ordered two online for in-store pickup! I will be going to get them in a few hours. I agree, this is a better deal than the $99 one.

- This years slimmer model Toshiba instead of last years

- 2 good movies in the box

- Any 2 movies in the store

- 5 mediocre movies that everyone gets

Pretty good value if you ask me!

Finally got one at Circuit City for $110 or so. It was the display model, though, so no box... hopefully I can still get the 5 free movies without the UPD :(

you're not going to be able to get any free.

yeah...I just went to Best Buy and bought the A3.

I got 300 and Bourne Identity free in the box. And I got Transformers and Hot Fuzz for free. I have to pick the 5 mail in ones now...

Definately a better deal overall than the $99 player.

That's great, however the site says 7 Free HD DVDs only not 9? is this some in store only thing? I ask because I'm thinking of going to my local best buy and getting one, don't wanna go and be told there's no 2 in store extra free offer, also how good is the standard DVD upconversion? do your regular DVDs look much better or just about the same? been told the upconversion is horrible on this model.

That's great, however the site says 7 Free HD DVDs only not 9? is this some in store only thing? I ask because I'm thinking of going to my local best buy and getting one, don't wanna go and be told there's no 2 in store extra free offer, also how good is the standard DVD upconversion? do your regular DVDs look much better or just about the same? been told the upconversion is horrible on this model.

The 2 free is an in store deal. You just pick whatever movies you want. I actually haven't even tried a regular dvd yet. I'll try later. I just finished watching Hot Fuzz. Looks great, but what I'm impressed by is the sound quality.

A friend of mine got around the whole display item thing. A while back he bought one off display, and made his own upc for it, then printed it and using some glue, adhered it to some cardboard for an authentic feel. He did get his movies in the mail!