Welcome to Neowin's UK Xbox 360 Special Offers & Deals topic. As you can see I started this topic a few years ago and it has grown significantly due to the wonderful community we have here of like minded gamers. This topic has already gone through two different updates and now I introduce you to the third and latest major update. If you need help to find the best price on a game, bundle, Xbox Live Points or you want to share a special offer you've found, this topic is the place for you & we're here to help! This topic has always been what I feel is my baby to Neowin (cheesy I know ), where I can give back to the community amidst all the discussions/heated moments, but it wouldn't be a success without the help of the other excellent members. So here's to many more deals & saving money.
www.Argos.co.uk (takes money on order, not on dispatch)
www.JackOfAllGames.co.uk (takes money on order, not on dispatch)
** See Voucher Codes section for details.
These sites will provide you with cheaper Xbox Live Points & Gold subscription codes. How they dispatch them to you may vary, however most of them will detail exactly how they deliver. My personal favourite is www.CheapXboxLiveCodes.com, whom I've used many times now & never had an issue. They also own an eBay shop however with recent changes to eBay's terms & conditions they are no longer able to email codes via eBay. They charge extra P&P on eBay to send the codes to your home address, but they will send you codes via email from their personal site for a reduced price.
If buying games isn't your thing then these are the companies I'd recommend to rent from. Game use SwapGame to dispatch their copies however they offer different tariffs, so choose the one right for you. Don't forget about your local BlockBuster stores either who will occasionally have bargains to buy.
I started another topic when these were introduced to Xbox Live last year but it was too much work to keep two topics going at the same time. It didn't help that it would be buried under topics either. From now on though I'll post the deals of the week here.
If you want your games early my advice would be to buy from ShopTo primarily. They offer next day delivery (recorded) for free on all of their orders. They will send them if the order is made before 5:30pm or the next day if it's after 5:30pm. They also have a txt service available which allows you to order when away from the computer.
Along with ShopTo, I also receive games very quickly from Game & GamePlay (both the same company now), however remember delivery dates are always subject to the service used, post strikes and of course your location. If you live somewhere remote don't expect games to be delivered lightning fast, in other words. They'll also knock an extra £1 off your order when you order by SMS (not available for preorders).
Very easily overlooked these days but I assure you if you sign up to these services you will start saving £100s, and it's not just limited to your console/game purchases either.
You can transfer this money back to your PayPal account or bank account. Quidco will also take an administration fee once a year for the cost of membership (it's only £5). However, TopCashBack don't have a membership fee.
Example using Game:
1) Sign up for an account to Quidco if you haven't already.
2) Search for the e-tailer you want to buy from (Game).
3)Check the details & requirements for Cashback.
4) Follow the link to Game's site.
5) Sign into Game & buy the game just like you normally do.
6) Few weeks later, profit!
* Clear cookies & cache, disable pop-up, ad, & image-blockers.
* Log into Quidco and click on the retailer link on the Quidco site.
* Don't type anything in the address window of your browser after logging into Quidco.
* Don't open any other tabs or windows in the same browser, or click on any links in tabs or windows that may already be open.
* If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from Quidco can affect tracking.
* Don't use unauthorised voucher or other discount codes. Authorised codes are displayed on the retailer page.
* Don't use "refer a friend" programs or promotional links from other sites.
* Complete your purchase online, all in one session.
* Keep all email confirmations and documents from the retailer - just in case you need to use the information for submitting an earnings enquiry.
Using vouchers & Qudico?
* Cashback plus voucher code: these offers enable you to save twice, via the provision of a voucher code plus you are able to earn cashback on your purchase. In some of these instances, if a voucher code is used to save, the retailer may reduce the cashback rate as they cannot afford to pay the full rate however in all instances the cashback rate associated with the offer is clearly labelled.
* Cashback only: in these instances you can only earn cashback with your purchase. If you use a voucher code it may result in your cashback being declined.
* Voucher code only: some retailers will provide Quidco members with voucher codes which will give them an instant saving however, cashback is not provided.
* Cashback OR voucher code: some retailers are unable to offer savings via both cashback and a voucher code and so in these instances they will offer Quidco members the choice of using either a voucher code to earn an instant saving or cashback to earn a delayed saving, however you will not be able to use both in conjunction.
You can clearly identify whether an offer allows you to use a voucher code and cashback, only cashback, only a voucher code, or whether it is simply a deal by using our helpful symbols displayed next to every listing..
These come and go, and along with doing some searching for cheap prices, the next best thing to save you money (obviously). In the past year or so both Game and Zavvi have updated their systems to reduce the abuse the old voucher codes used to get. However some clever chaps occasionally find a way to abuse them, just be careful who you try to "scam". ** Particular retailers I would advise against using vouchers with are AdditionsDirect/Littlewoods/Very. They are all the same company and unless you have been specifically sent the voucher code in the mail they'll likely cancel your order or ignore it and charge the full amount. ShopTo, Tesco Entertainment, The Hut & Zavvi are the most regular voucher sites at the time of writing.
This isn't specifc just to Game, but they are by far the best for it imo. Whenever you purchase from them you will be rewarded points which can go to further / future purchases. They also double them up when it comes to preorders so you can make quite a substantial amount back. If you find a game that's the same price on a few websites, my advice would be to buy from Game and at least you are saving money for future purchases this way. Not only that, but you can use them instore as well as offline which is something not all websites offer.