Big Bang Theory

I wonder if there is going to be a huge Arc on the show about Sheldon's attempts to find another place to live this season after the episode where Penny and Lennard get married.

I wonder if there is going to be a huge Arc on the show about Sheldon's attempts to find another place to live this season after the episode where Penny and Lennard get married.

i'm betting they don't get married, either way, there has to be some sort of big follow up to that.

The negotiations are over! The Big Bang Theory will go on!

As of Tuesday afternoon, just in time for the first table read of the new season, stars Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar finally signed new contracts!

That's good news for fans as it means production on Season 8 will continue today!

So did the last holdouts make deals as amazingly lucrative as costars Jim ParsonsJohnny Galecki, and Kaley Cuoco?

Well, according to insiders the actors were looking for parity with the big three but only got it on the back end profit shares.

But as big a hit as the show has been, that still means they'll EACH get around $70 million over the course of three years!

AND in season 10, the pair will indeed get bumped up to their co-stars' astronomical million-bucks-an-episode salaries!

Our theory? That was just too big a paycheck to decline. Um, bang. Yeah.

Big Bang's eighth season is back on track and so will debut as scheduled with an hourlong premiere on September 22nd!

Read more: http://perezhilton.com/2014-08-06-big-bang-theory-resumes-production-cast-new-deals-simon-helberg-kunal-nayyar#ixzz39iYgk2ca

The negotiations are over! The Big Bang Theory will go on!

As of Tuesday afternoon, just in time for the first table read of the new season, stars Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar finally signed new contracts!

That's good news for fans as it means production on Season 8 will continue today!

So did the last holdouts make deals as amazingly lucrative as costars Jim ParsonsJohnny Galecki, and Kaley Cuoco?

Well, according to insiders the actors were looking for parity with the big three but only got it on the back end profit shares.

But as big a hit as the show has been, that still means they'll EACH get around $70 million over the course of three years!

AND in season 10, the pair will indeed get bumped up to their co-stars' astronomical million-bucks-an-episode salaries!

Our theory? That was just too big a paycheck to decline. Um, bang. Yeah.

Big Bang's eighth season is back on track and so will debut as scheduled with an hourlong premiere on September 22nd!

Read more: http://perezhilton.com/2014-08-06-big-bang-theory-resumes-production-cast-new-deals-simon-helberg-kunal-nayyar#ixzz39iYgk2ca

Did you just source Perez Hilton :rofl:

I still really like TBBT and think the actors definitely deserve a pay rise, as that money would otherwise be going to studio executives and shareholders. The quality of the show is still very high and easily surpasses Friends and How I Met Your Mother, which were utterly dreadful towards the end. The better comparison is Frasier, as that too had an offbeat sort of humour that managed to appeal to a mainstream audience. The show has been pulling in more viewers each season, when most shows plateau after three to four seasons and decline from thereon out.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of drama-comedies like Californication and Girls.

PS - It really annoys me when US networks axe shows after the first season without giving them a chance to develop. I only recently found out about Outsourced and loved it. The Good Guys and Firefly were even better. The networks don't give them a chance and start messing with the timeslots at the first sign of trouble. If a show is quality then it should be continued, rather than everything being about viewing figures. Many classic UK comedies were poorly received to start with and took several years to get off the ground.

Did you just source Perez Hilton :rofl:

Hey :P I was looking for figures and only perez had em :laugh:

I still really like TBBT and think the actors definitely deserve a pay rise, as that money would otherwise be going to studio executives and shareholders. The quality of the show is still very high and easily surpasses Friends and How I Met Your Mother, which were utterly dreadful towards the end. The better comparison is Frasier, as that too had an offbeat sort of humour that managed to appeal to a mainstream audience. The show has been pulling in more viewers each season, when most shows plateau after three to four seasons and decline from thereon out.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of drama-comedies like Californication and Girls.

PS - It really annoys me when US networks axe shows after the first season without giving them a chance to develop. I only recently found out about Outsourced and loved it. The Good Guys and Firefly were even better. The networks don't give them a chance and start messing with the timeslots at the first sign of trouble. If a show is quality then it should be continued, rather than everything being about viewing figures. Many classic UK comedies were poorly received to start with and took several years to get off the ground.

I like outsourced to. I guess in the short run, it's cheaper to develop new hit series that will bring in more viewers from the get go, than wait and see if some do eventually pick up or not.

Are you serious? Networks in the UK do this all the time. They'll run a show for 1 or 2 Series of 6 eps and cancel it.

Are you serious? Networks in the UK do this all the time. They'll run a show for 1 or 2 Series of 6 eps and cancel it.

I didn't say it was exclusive to the US. The thing about US shows is they're popular in other English speaking countries?for instance, you'll see loads of US shows in the UK but rarely see much from Australia or Canada?yet that's rarely factored into the decision to keep a show going. The UK puts out a fraction of the content that the US does, so a lot relies on the US networks.

This.

The show isn't seinfeld or friends quality. $500-$600k per episode is more then fair.

To be fair, who are we to judge how much someone's salary should be? I'm sure studio bosses are not idiots and they would not pay salaries that are unsustainable and do not yield a profitable return. As long as you like the show and they keep producing it, why do you care how much the actors make?

It's a cut-throat industry and, if audiences are not captivated from the get-go, there is little patience and budget to keep throwing good money after bad. I liked Outsourced too. Whitney is another example, but they did give it a 2nd season chance and who can forget Jerico? Anyway, we have digressed.

Likewise couldn't care how much they make but that's the problem with essentially have so many lead characters, it does drive up the cost of production significantly over time.  At the end of the day TBBT doesnt generate an infinite amount of money it has a point where its not profitable and a 1m per key actor per episode cuts deep into that.  Most future profit from the show at this point will come from syndication anyway.

Props to whoever else mentioned the good guys :)

Props to whoever else mentioned the good guys :)

Yeah, that show was awesome. The premise was utterly generic but the execution was superb. Can't believe it only got one season. I discovered it by chance when I was looking on IMDB at what happened to the actors from The West Wing. I also came across Mr Sunshine, which while not as good was pleasantly amusing.

IMDB at what happened to the actors from The West Wing. I also came across Mr Sunshine, which while not as good was pleasantly amusing.

Dude, exactly the same on both counts!! 

Guess great minds think alike after all :p

• Like 1

I like The Big Bang Theory but I think the salaries are crazy.  The actors were rich either way.  Sad that there is so much money to be made yet lots of other better shows get cancelled way sooner than the seven seasons this show has already had let alone ten years.

I like The Big Bang Theory but I think the salaries are crazy.  The actors were rich either way.  Sad that there is so much money to be made yet lots of other better shows get cancelled way sooner than the seven seasons this show has already had let alone ten years.

You say that, but who are we to decide when the actors are rich enough? It's not unprecedented for actors to be one-show hits and then do small roles for the rest of their careers. As such, I cannot blame them for casting the iron while it is hot, so to speak. And I too can think of shows that should not have been cancelled, but were. For better or for worse, shows that have significant viewer numbers and high ratings get renewed. Doing things that way at least minimises the ambiguity why one show was renewed and another cancelled.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...