Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - General Discussion (PC)

CoD4.01-EL1TE.png

All I can say at this time after playing the demo is: The demo was too short :p and is very emmersive, excelent animations and graphics, gameplay would be better with vehicles, but it's ok...

I can't wait! (Now i'm looking like a kid, lol)

--------------------------------------------------------------

And what do you think of the new Call of Duty?

Since Infinity Wars haven't made a version of CoD3 for PC.

Please post only if you have played the Demo or if you are planing buy the FULL game, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BCool

Edit: Useless and "outdated" text removed

Edited by EL1TE

I got the demo last week and was pleasantly surprised that it played well on my older machine (P4 3GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, 6800XT). It looks nice even on the lower settings I have to use.

Game play itself is very intense of course. Not only you have to worry about dodging bullets and grenades but these guys with RPG's which are nasty. One hit from them and you are done for whatever setting you use. Some of the yells and screams are borrowed from the other series and at one point I heard "Potato Masher! Run!". I don't think grenades are referred to as that anymore, lol.

I like the little details such as tires going flat when shot. Also when vehicles explode the wheels roll around.

I have pre-ordered COD4 and can't wait until it comes in :)

Edited by midway40

Originally, I planned on purchasing the game for the Xbox 360. That was when I had my old, slow, PC. I now have a gaming rig and I tried the demo. I can safely say that it was good enough to sway my decision. I will be purchasing the PC version. It plays better, and nothing beats the flexibility of a mouse & keyboard in FPS games.

Might pick this game up. Never played any of the COD series. Getting tired of the same ol FPS themes out there. Was going to hold off and buy UT3, but the more I think about it, it's just like any other FPS out there, same ol same ol. This game looks unique. Can only drop so much cash on the same types of games, with different themes, you know?

I couldn't stop playing the demo today. I ordered it online just a few minutes ago and can't wait until it comes in. :D

I wet my basement playing through the first few levels today...

My only gripe is with the weapon sounds. Not the most realistic I've ever hear by any means. Other than that, absolutely stunning. (Y)

i played for a few hours, great graphics, runs VERY well at 1920x1200 on my 7900GT, though i noticed that i can't change the model quality, water and dynamic lights to anything above normal for some reason, though textures and all else is on maximum. Any idea how to change those? Maybe modding something in the config files? Cheers

awesome SP.

The thing I'd wish that they had done with MP was what SplashDamage did with ETQW. Make people register gaming nicks, so you can incorporate a 'buddylist' system into the server browser to easily find clanmates/friends. And also use it to host online stats.

I just bought it on Steam tonight. I will have it pre-loaded by next week. I loved the Demo and the multi-player reviews have been off the charts.
Pre-loading on steam, can't wait to play it.

people are actually buying it off steam? i live in europe and it's $70 + VAT. it's just a ridiculos price as retail is SO much less.

If you order it through Steam do you get the cd-key right away? :whistle: ...or do they even do it that?

no you dont get a cd key. the game is just linked to your steam account so you can download your games whenever you want.