Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - General Discussion (PC)

This has to be the most cinematic game I've ever played. The first time I actually felt like I was playing a movie. The first real next-gen game to be released until now, IMO.

i played for a few hours, great graphics, runs VERY well at 1920x1200 on my 7900GT, though i noticed that i can't change the model quality, water and dynamic lights to anything above normal for some reason, though textures and all else is on maximum. Any idea how to change those? Maybe modding something in the config files? Cheers

Apparently from what I've read Normal is High. I saw a few people talking about this in game as well. They said the same thing.

If you can buy it in the stores, why is steam waiting till the 12th?

why does steam do half of the things that it does?

anyways I've been hearing a lot of good things and after playing the demo...I'll get this sooner or later

Darn, I want the game so bad but I can't afford it. All my money went into my gaming rig. Ugh... I do have a coupon for The Black Box (HL2:Ep2, Portal, TF2). If anyone's willing to "trade" that is.

people are actually buying it off steam? i live in europe and it's $70 + VAT. it's just a ridiculos price as retail is SO much less.

no you dont get a cd key. the game is just linked to your steam account so you can download your games whenever you want.

only 49$ in America

death from above = BEST FREAKING MISSION EVER !!!!

is it the one in black and white? i loved it too :D shooting enemies from the sky is just so fun :D

people are actually buying it off steam? i live in europe and it's $70 + VAT. it's just a ridiculous price as retail is SO much less.

Well that's the case in Europe not the rest of the world... it sucks for people on Europe who wanted to get it on steam. And well getting it on steam for $49.95 comes cheaper than buying it on a local retail, which is like $80.

It works out at $82 from Steam here in the UK but CD-WOW has it for ?20 ($40). I like buying games through Steam and prefer to do so where possible but there is no way I'm paying twice the price of retail. Activision really needs to sort its act out as there is no reason it should be $20 more expensive on Steam here than the US (and Valve has stated that they don't have any control over prices from other publishers).

is it the one in black and white? i loved it too :D shooting enemies from the sky is just so fun :D

yep best thing is the airforce has a plan just like that just for stuff like that

<3 love future weapons

Well i cant even get into a Multiplayer game. When i go into the graphics options and adjust the resolution the game crashes to the desktop. Then i get a directx error. Ive tried uninstalling the latests drivers with betas as well, and i have updated directx and still nothing. Im not happy at this point.

Well i cant even get into a Multiplayer game. When i go into the graphics options and adjust the resolution the game crashes to the desktop. Then i get a directx error. Ive tried uninstalling the latests drivers with betas as well, and i have updated directx and still nothing. Im not happy at this point.

Give it a day or two then look for a patch (Y)

game is crazy, coolest game i have played in a while. I got it maxed out on my system 1440x900 with 4x AA and 4x AF, good FPS (never below 30 so far). Textures are on high though, not ultra because my card is only 256 and it would stutter like crazy. Couldn't notice a difference though. Haven't tried multiplayer yet though.

Edited by rajputwarrior