Nokia N800 Internet Tablet

Question for those who have one, is it a pain in the ass to use the on screen keyboard if you have to, say, fill out a form or something?

I would be picking one up and have to for the use I'd want it for, I'd be filling out a form of 10-15 items like 2-3 times in a row.

What I'm wondering is how big of a pain it is, is it worth paying the extra $200 or so and getting the n810 with the full QWERTY keyboard.

It's easy enough to use the on-screen keyboard. You can pick up a bluetooth keyboard if you want, which would be much better than the N810's - which has got pretty poor reviews for usability from some. Much cheaper too!

I finally got Wayfarer to accept my license key BTW - is it just me, or do the maps take forever to download?

My N800 wouldn't accept my licence for Navicore. Looks like i`ll need to contact Navicore CS team and get them to work something out, or just keep using the 770 for sat nav, but that defeats the purpose of buying a N800.

I was also going to update the OS from 2007 to 2008 but i was getting download times for over 500 mins for the update. Everyone with a N800 must be trying to update, thus the slow download speeds. The repos have been up and down for the past 3-4 days also, so its a pain in the arse trying to get new apps. I don't see the situation improving till after Christmas. There will be a lot of N800 being delivered by Santa on Christmas day, and most of those will want to be updated too. Nokia really should sort that out. I would have thought that all the new stock of N800 would have come with OS2008 preinstalled, seeing as OS 2008 and the new stock were released with in days of each other.

Skype seems to work pretty well, although its still doesn't have video support, which is disappointing, but that might come in the future. I understand you can make video calls, N8** to N8**, using the gtalk, but i haven't tried that yet to see if its any good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just picked myself one of these babies up. I think they are great. With OS2008 installed im set. Some great apps can be downloaded also and the web browser is quick at rendering web pages. With these now at ?149.99 delivered from Play.com these are a bargain.